Enough for a team yet?

Maria Parker

Administrator
I'm excited by the number of recent purchases of Cruzbikes by women. I'd love to have some interaction with other female riders. I would particularly like to encourage any woman on a Cruzbike to meet me at Sebring February 10-11. You can ride or race (100, 12 or 24) or just come with your bike. If there is enough of us, I'll ask Lucia to create a special jersey just for us. Any interest?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
You guys should really get those bars angled in a way that they are comfortable to hold onto the whole ride/race. You're are missing out on a fair bit of power but not using your arms and core to stabilize your whole body.

Also you guys are weird if you call that level of suffering fun :p

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Jason is right. Why race on a Cruzbike without pulling the bars?

I didn't mean in "that" way, as in the marketed boom swing method because ain't nothing swinging on a fixed trainer setup. My suggestion would apply to all bikes cruzbike or not and that includes DFs as well.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Even when she is bar-pulling, her hands are near the middle. She hardly touches the outer part. I think your arms give more power if your hands are in the position of holding a beer glass by the handle. Maybe she could try those MTB bar-end things and saw the drops off. Not really clear from the video, but I think the drops will catch her legs when she goes round corners.

Suz

Yes, it went from a Sebring Team to a Zwift Team. But maybe with enough Zwift practice, the ladies can give Maria an answer to the original question. Would be cool to hear Ladies Sebring ride reports along with the guys.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
trplay said:
We might be drifting from this threads main objective.
Sorry, mansplaining all over the women's thread. Manthreadhijacking. You ladies don't understand mechanics and all that.

Reactions: Suz

pluckyblond

Barring any crazy family chaos I'll be at Sebring with bells on! Or at least with pigtails in place. The planning has begun in our house and the trainers have been humming! Tops on the list of learnings from last year to work through...nutrition, nutrition, nutrition!

joy

This isn’t listed under events for tomorrow. I’ve never done a race. How does it differ from riding alone or in a pack social ride?

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
This isn’t listed under events for tomorrow. I’ve never done a race. How does it differ from riding alone or in a pack social ride?

Joy is correct in that it's not listed in the mobile app on our phones and is only listed on the main zwift website which isn't where to sign up. Joy I suggest you check again tomorrow morning in game when you first start up the program it'll probably be there in the list.

joy

Name is just JM. So what should I expect, except to come in last.? I know nothing about racing on Zwift. Is this an A race, because if it is, there is no point in my riding. Tried to join discord for odz and it said no. I think I’ll just ride on my own, but thanks.

Last edited:

joy

Thanks to Team Moose for today. Too fast for me, but I appreciated the assistance. Joy

joy

Not fun getting lapped, but it didn’t happen until the end! I’d be ok with a ride. I tend to be more of a morning person. Will just depend on the day.

joy

I could probably ride Wed., Thurs. morning early or Friday. Won’t know for sure til the week begins.

Suz

Calling all lady Cruzbikers! Wednesday morning ride at 7:30. Meet up at the starting banner and join us on the Cruzbike channel on discord. You don't have to ride to chat on discord. Click here to join. Hardy will broadcast live Here for those who don't have Zwift and would like to see how it works. This is Not a race, this is Not a race. It's just a fun chat and chill ride checking out this Zwift thing! Please try and make sure your discord works before the start time. Any questions, let me know.

Just a clarification, what time zone at 7:30?