Specialized Hot Rock Donor

atr62

Hi, Everyone,

After searching high and low, I finally found a donor bike that meets my 27" inseam. It's a 24" wheel 2000 Specialized Hot Rock rigid mtn bike i got thru craigslist. Because of my short inseam, I wasn't able to find a 26" wheel y-frame that wasn't too tall for me. I would like to hear from those whom used a 24" wheel donor about their experience. Wish me luck.

Thanks

Angelo
IMG_3244(1).JPG

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi,
You shouldn't have any

Hi,

You shouldn't have any issues because of the 24" wheels (except that your high end may be a bit lacking gear wise).

I'm a little worried about seat height for you, but it will be close.

(And throw some smooth tires on there unless you're really going to be riding off road.)

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Charles

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
What kind of bike is that in

What kind of bike is that in the left of the photo with the Bebop pedals and the fairing?

atr62

What You See To The Left....

To the left of the photo you see evidence of my beloved Sun Tour Easy LE, among others which include a Sun Easy Sport, TerraTrike Cruiser.

Angelo

sbarstowdriven

I also own that bike

U don't find this type often. But it is a really g performance bike. U c turn it into a Bmx, off roader,or a racing bike. I prefer the brand high performance, they make g hybrid, on road, off road slicks.
Good for w you are going fast and have to lean in t turn. These tires h enough grip f u to be almost side ways, good for drifting to. But mine is a custom frame, not stock.