03/23/13 - LBJ 100 Bicycle Tour - Any one else doing this

kenhardwick

Currently plan to do my first organized event ride on my Silvio.....The LBJ 100 Bicycle Tour on March 23,2013.
The ride will start/end on the air strip of the LBJ Ranch (near Stonewall, TX), within the LBJ National Historical Park.

http://www.lbj100bicycletour.org

Currently plan to do the 62 mile route.

Anyone else doing this on their Cruzbike ?

Cruzbike Chris

Why wait try Ataxia 3-23-13

Ken,
You should come down to Denton, TX next Saturday for a nice warm up ride with me. Sure would like to see that bike up close and maybe take it for a spin! There will be a bunch of bents from the RBent (rbentonline.org) forum there too.

http://rideataxia.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=1045499

Cruzbike Conversion

kenhardwick

LBJ Ride results

Hi Chris,
Thanks for asking...Ride went well...it was a very well organized event. Started in waves based on distance - 82 miler...then 62...etc...
I started with the 62 milers but the weather was so cool that I decided to do the 82..which was same as 62 but with two out-and-back..however by the time I arrived to the second out-and-back it had warmed up considerablely and I had worned out considerablely. So, didn't do the 2nd out and back...ended with 77 miles...lots of hills though...stopped at each and every water stop..so ended up at the back of the pack by the last 15-20 miles of the ride. Traffic was light so was an enjoyable ride.
Really enjoyed riding my Silvio.....glad I made the decision to purchase it...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/288188547

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Nice job Ken.

How was the

Nice job Ken.

How was the overall turnout and the turnout for their first time trial on Sunday?

-Eric

kenhardwick

LBJ Ride results

Hi Eric,
Didn't find anything on number of entrants for the rides...heard someone mentioned that there was 1400 last year and they were ahead of that for 2013,
I did find results of the time trial...only 46 participants...mostly older riders...they have link to results on their web page.

http://lbj100bicycletour.org/

Cruzbike Chris

Awesome job Ken, way to go.

Awesome job Ken, way to go. Those organized rides can be tricky for sure, especially if you normally ride alone daily like me. I should have probably gone with you. My Ataxia ride was not much fun. First, we started an hour and a half late due to weather. Thunder, lightning, heavy gulley washer rains, and even small hail. Yes, I said hail, 3 times to be exact. Not a lot of fun but I finished. And I do believe I was the only bent that did on the 50 miler. Slow and steady no cashes for me and passed a bunch o DF's too. I think I heard about 20 bailed at the rest stops. I chose to only stop on the middle one at 25 and was only there long enough to try to warm my feet a little which didn't work too good since it was still cold and rainy. But I finished and got back just fine and in time for Outback Steakhouse burgers too. We need to hook up and ride together some time, we are not that far away a couple of hours at best. There are surely other Cruzbike owners close and in between that would join us too.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1195490

kenhardwick

Ataxia-Now that was some ride...

Chris, Great story on the Ataxia ride...
Would like to meet up with you and other Cruzbikers...maybe at one of the bike events in North Texas or Southern Oklahoma.

Germanfest Metric Century Bicycle Rally-- Muenster, TX --Saturday, April 27, 2013
Valley Rally Bicycle Tour Pauls Valley, Ok - May 4,2013
MAGNOLIA BIKE TOUR=Durant, Ok -Saturday May 18, 2013
Red River Roadkill Rally - Ardmore, Ok - Saturday, June 1, 2013

kenhardwick

Long ways to Paris but...

It's a long way to Paris...but might consider doing that ride...will see what all is going on for me at that time..

TJ671

HHH

I just ordered a softrider and will hopefully be riding it in the Hotter Than Hell Hundred this year. So if you guys come to Wichita Falls we can have a cruzbike peloton.

Tim

I plan to do the HHH this

I plan to do the HHH this year on a Vendetta. I will definitely keep an eye out for Cruzbikes!

TJ671

HHH

Jdorlon,

I've ridden in four HHH. All on DF's. This will be the first I do on a cruzbike. I did 1 100K and the rest were full 100 miles. As soon as the bike comes in, I'll be learning to ride it and then training for the 100. The HHH is a well organized event, plus it's in my own backyard. Alot of DF riders up here and not alot of recumbent riders. I would love to see you take the Vendetta and kick some butt in the 100.

Tim

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Hotels fill up very early

Hotels fill up very early according to their website, (my empasis added):

Hotels in the Wichita Falls area usually are booked by the end of March for Hotter'N Hell Hundred weekend.

True.  Luckily, I've got a

True. Luckily, I've got a friend who has already reserved a room. A lot of people camp or bring RV's, too.

TJ671

HHH

You know this would be one hell of a good place to show case the Cruzbike line. At least 17,000 riders are in attendence. Would be great to have the full Cruzbike lineup at the Consumer Show. Anyways I will be looking forward to meeting and maybe ridding with John and anyother cruzbike riders that show up.

Tim