10,000 plus miles celebration!

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Well guys and gals, I hit 10,000 accumulated miles between my Silvio and Vendetta 251 miles ago, since purchasing these two bikes last year. I know this is a drop in the bucket compared to your folks that have been here for a long time, like Lief and Charles. 6,643.7 mi on the Vendetta and 3,608.5 mi on the Silvio. I still feel like I'm having Christmas as a kid every time I climb on my Vendetta. The fun of newness just does not go away. The excitement never fades.

As many of you know by now, I'm more attached to my Vendetta than the Silvio. The Vendetta is an extraordinary designed recumbent...it's a class of it's own I think.

Anyway just wanted to give a shout out to Cruzbike for such a perfect recumbent...This bike company rocks, you guys are great, along with the Cruzbike Community, thank you!

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Thanks guys!
Congrats Rick, that is a big number I hope to reach some day. And just how long did it take you to reach that?
Chris, just a little over a year. I purchased the Silvio last year Feb-March, and the Vendetta in July.

Yeah, having time to ride makes the difference. However, as of recent months, I haven't had a whole lot of time to ride. But, I can testify, if you don't use it, you loose it - all the tiny muscles needed to spin them cranks!

jond

Zen MBB Master
well done rick. and might i add that your climbing profile is astronomically superb in relation to all those miles. keep up the good work. the goal 100,000 miles of course.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Anyway just wanted to give a shout out to Cruzbike for such a perfect recumbent...This bike company rocks, you guys are great, along with the Cruzbike Community, thank you!
a great shared sentiment no doubt. fantastic that community helps keep us riding.

Reactions: Suz

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
and might i add that your climbing profile is astronomically superb in relation to all those miles
Thanks Jon, I see on Strava you're getting some vertical miles in yourself.

When you live in the hilly area's it can't be help. If you don't want to climb, then you're riding area is small. Since buying the Silvio and Vendetta my ride routes have expanded tremendously. As I've read, you have written many times, keep the bike light if you want to climb. Man, I can't agree more, I try and strip everything I can do without (Bob I'm referring to bike, BTW :D) when I have some steep-ones to ride. My biggest problem is in the Summer time (now) carrying enough water (fueled hydration) to keep me from getting heat stroke. The stuff weighs a ton, it seems.

Reactions: Suz

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Also the better option is to play in the hills when the wind refuses to drop below 12mph for 2 weeks straight.
Yes, it helps to get into the canyons for sure! We've been having unusually windy days here too in Northern California for the summer time. Normally when the triple digits come, the wind goes away. But not this year - windy and hot at the same time for the last 2 months.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Fantastic Rick. You are a machine on that machine!
I know all of us appreciate everything you have done for the Cruzbike community. I have learned so much from you since we have met.
Hope to meet and ride together with you sometime my friend!

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Fantastic Rick. You are a machine on that machine!
I know all of us appreciate everything you have done for the Cruzbike community. I have learned so much from you since we have met.
Hope to meet and ride together with you sometime my friend!
Thanks Larry! It would be awesome to me up someday and share a ride or two!

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Rick! Great milestone.
I think my 1st couple years on the Silvio were only in the 5-6K range - that's a lot of riding.
You have two beautiful machines there.

FWIW - I've looked at Redding as a stopover more than once but so far nothing works out.
One of these days we'll ride together. :)

If ANY of you all are ever in Seattle, even without a bike, or the time - PM me. We'll at least have coffee.