100mm Extension Wanted

telephd

Guru
If anyone has a 100mm extension available Id like to give it a go. Going to take Super Slim's advice on a fix for upper thigh - seat pan contact. Thanks!

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Somewhere on this forum,

Somewhere on this forum, somebody has machined an extension and I believe it worked well. Hopefully our peeps will magically tell us what we want to know... :)

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
1.0 or 1.5?

Hal,

It occurs to me.... Don't you have Silvio 1.0 or is it a 1.5? I don't believe the extension works on the 1.0 but that predates my knowledge.

If it's a 1.5 or later; those appear to be once again available in the store.

Click Bikes > Accessories and look for Silvio Chainstay Extension in the list

extendme.png height:618px; width:302px

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ah that explain it

The wording on the order page is funny
"When the Silvio is adjusted to a taller rider the crank gets lower to the ground, as it rotates forward. To compensate, we have produced 100mm and 150mm extentions to the chainstay. When these are used, the chain must be lengthened by 200mm and 300mm respectively. The extension does not affect your FD mounting at all, and the FD stalk pictured from a Silvio 1.5 is not included and would not fit a Silvio 1.0 anyhow."

They must mean the "FD Stalk would not fit the 1.0"

Thanks for the clarification.

telephd

Guru
Thanks all!  Ill probably end

Thanks all! Ill probably end up ordering a new one but the bargain hunter in me was checking here first!

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I'll let mine go

I have one and will let it go for $60 shipping in all. It comes with two bolts. Before you make a decision make sure it will work for you or you'll end up like me. with a 100 extension that is too big. I wanted it to get the flat boom look. The problem is my short legs , x seam 39.5, create arm, leg reach, visibility changes. When the BB goes up the boom comes in and causes my upper leg to strike the handlebar. A 50mm extension would work perfect or If the fork was an inch taller this will work for me. Make sure you can use it and then let me know.

telephd

Guru
trplay,  Ill give it a go. 

trplay, Ill give it a go. Ive got a 43" x-seam so it might work. Ill send a PM so we can figure out the details. Thanks!