2016 Calvin's Challenge - who's going??

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
OK - Almost ready for Calvin's - Just put finishing touches on my "old tailbox/tool holder/water bottle holder".
Of course not quite as slick as Ricks! - but it should do the trick until mine comes in the mail... :)

I used this last year (it was all yellow then, just like my V2), but my water bottles kept popping out when going over RR tracks or other bumpy objects, so I mounted water bottle holders inside this time so that would not happen.
I also stylized it to match my red V20. My support should see me coming that's for sure!

Of course my bike is still mounted to my KICKR, so not quite ready - putting finishing touches on my wheel set later today and will post..
Enjoy...

V20 updated tailbox.jpg

Lief

Guru Schmuru
I don't think that Larry and Lief have read rule 95.
Crud! I gotta pay attention when i'm getting called out!

I'll take the pass granted by Ratz but point out that whoever made the rule #95 addendum isn't a purist; a true #5.
Lifting your bike over your head onto a roof rack?! Meh!
A true #5 Velominati wouldn't *drive* their whip to the start - they'd ride it.
A #5 Velominati would only lift their bike over their head to hand it to the Navy Seal in the rescue helicopter.

...not that I would do that, I'm a wimp. :)

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Wishing the very best for our calvin riders. It is great to see there will be a strong showing of Cruzzies there. Please keep us updated as much as possible !

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Thanks everyone!
It's almost 11pm here at my house. Just about got everything packed up.
Up at 5am - Andrew T - one of our Calvin's support coming over at 6am. Pack his stuff and the rest of mine, then drive over to Gary C (BentAero - more support) to pick him up - then off to Springfield to meet up with Ben (who is already on a plane), Joe, and Kevin (who are also both driving there tomorrow. Rendezvous around 4pm to practice the "Cruzbike" pace-line around the 7 mile loop and then dinner together to talk strategy! What fun! Problem is, no time sleep.
Weather forecast turning worse every day! As it stands - looks like 7-8 hours of rain during the 12-hour riding window! Yuck!
Pray for all the bad stuff (rain/wind) to either blow through quickly or hold off until we are done!
Nighty night!

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
Rooting for you, be safe and have fun!:)Actually go and kick butt!!;)And what I said before!!!:D

super slim

Zen MBB Master
My thoughts will be with you all, and I hope that Cruzbike will take the first four places!!!
Kick arse!!
No accidents PLEASE, especially Larry!! unless after the race.
Talk to your legs nicely!!

Have FUN, enjoy the ride, and enjoy each others company!!

Reactions: LMT

Lief

Guru Schmuru
won't be needing that catheter
JoeBat - been there done that! but in my case it wasn't raining I was just physically whipped. Keep up on your nutrition and you'll be good.

@LarryOz, @JOSEPHWEISSERT, Kevin, Ben - ride safe, ride smart, ride well. Good luck and enjoy.
@BentAero, Andrew T., and Wives, Partners, Parents, etc and any other crew/support I'm missing...thanks!
It can't be overstated how CRITICAL to success your investment, engagement, and well-being are in these events.
It takes The Village to make a tribe. :)

Go Tribe!
Go Village!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
While many of us were sleeping the guys staked out there position at the front of the line.StartLine.jpg

Any bets on how many upright riders look this calm at the end of the ride.

TZiBB.jpeg

At 9:15am EST the pack was still together.

in thepack.jpg

corner1.jpg corner2.jpg