2016 Calvin's Challenge - who's going??

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Correction that was don rose on his bachata. No word on Appel on his m5

Bentas

If you know what motivates Larry he ain't sleeping ! Godspeed my friend!
Another truly inspirational achievement ,well done!

SamP

Guru
Good going everyone at Calvin's Challenge, CruzBikers and otherwise.

If I rode for 12 hours... actually, I don't think I can ride for 12 hours, but my last long ride I averaged just under 10 mph (real time).

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Quicky ride report: It was cold, it rained almost the whole day, and it was too windy. A couple of times, it rained so hard, it hurt my face. Normally my face hurts other people, so this was payback. When I stopped, I started shivering within a couple of minutes. After I fell off the back of the lead group, there was no second group. I was basically on my own starting somewhere in the second fifty mile loop. That's okay, because then I could ride my own pace. It's just that the wind was a pain without someone to draft. I have to say, I was warned about the crappy roads. But I found them refreshingly nice compared to what I'm used to riding on. I won a silver medal because I happened to be in the same class as the guy who won the race, so gold was not an option. It was one miserable 12-hour ride. Would I do it again? Of course! It was awesome!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Larry finally opened his eyes at the end of the race!!

Great riding by all Cruzbikers, 1st, 4th & 5th overall, AND great support by the crew, in absolutely horrible conditions!
These incredible results by the bike , Riders, and support crew, are ANOTHER sales bonus for Cruzbike!

Was Kevin using Latex tubes, as Larry used to but after ?? crashes and falls, has changed to tubeless for racing!
It could have been 1,2,4,5!

Did any of the DF riders ask questions about the Vendetta after the race?

Last edited:

Lief

Guru Schmuru
I was watching facebook today while I did housework - it wasn't NEARLY as much fun as this recap! Thanks @ratz and @BentAero for all the great info!
In retrospect - I'm glad I wasn't aware this was going on because I would have been useless around the house.
OH MAN! my adrenaline is pumping now.

Great race Team; riders, crew, media, and all!
Congrats @LarryOz! another feather in your cap.
Great ride @tomblin!
Really sorry you crashed Kevin! Those road conditions looked pretty bleak for high-performance, edge of the envelope stuff.
Great day for a ride BatMan! @JOSEPHWEISSERT ! Way to hammer.

Now - to find out what happened with Jason.