2016 Devil Mountain Double (206 miles 20,000 feet of accent) 4-30-16

super slim

Zen MBB Master
With a max speed of 51.4 mph, I don't think he even used the brakes :)

Awesome!
I think that the gradients were high enough to exceed 50 mph , but the organizers would ban a rider for LIFETIME if they exceeded any road speed limits!!!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Jason, what do you think about when you go over 50mph?

To me that's 80kph. To me it sounds insane... Especially with lots of gusty wind. What sort of rims were you riding ?

How do you keep your mind from freaking out???

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Jason, what do you think about when you go over 50mph?

To me that's 80kph. To me it sounds insane... Especially with lots of gusty wind. What sort of rims were you riding ?

How do you keep your mind from freaking out???

Well you are talking to the guy who has has raced courses like the Macau GP where near 200 mph speeds are reached between solid steel walls on a tight city course, exceeding the speed limit by a mere 20 or 30 mph is just another day in the office.

I am so sleepy right now but I've got a ton of stuff to do before heading to Colorado for a Mtb race so the report may be a little delayed.

Here's what the Macau GP is for those of you who don't know.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I think that the gradients were high enough to exceed 50 mph , but the organizers would ban a rider for LIFETIME if they exceeded any road speed limits!!!

The max speed limit on most of those descents is 25-35mph and sometimes even 15mph. We are warned of such penalties like a lifetime ban but kids will be kids. It wouldn't be fun if it wasn't at least a little dangerous.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I can see why some of those DF riders were in awe. They must have felt your wake as you zoomed past them. Good Ride. (With the XD-15 BB... You would even be faster)

Last edited:

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
please help me out guys and gals. Did I ever post a ride report for this Devil Mountain Double race or just the race results? I'm trying to catch up with my reports now that I can properly type with both hands again but it seems I may have a finished or near finished report for this race hidden in an old email to myself.

EDIT: never mind I just realized that hidden report was for the central coast double which I already posted. The DMD report was only at the first paragraph so I started to finish it now. I think this one is going to be rather long since I wasn't off the front the whole race and there were several crashes and close calls to take note of.

Last edited: