2104 Silvio for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wannabe

JUst this weekend... Dang Family Emergency. Need to raise cash fast. 2014 Cruzbike Silvio 2.1. Less than 300 miles. Has Rolf Vigor (new version) wheels set. The wheels cost almost as much as the frame set. It is spec'd like the new ones on the web site. This bike is so close to new you can smell the showroom floor! To buy this new Approx $6,200 plus shipping and tax and wait time. Yours for only $4,700. I prefer you to pick up, but shipping could be arranged. If I get the money some other way, the bike WILL NOT be for sale. Right now I am kinda of panicking. My loss your gain. I can email pics.
http://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/wannabes-silvio.8415

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Man, I hope you get the money some other way as would be a shame to let it go. If I had the cash... but then I would be a dead man, cause my wife would "kill" me! Figuratively of course!

Wannabe

Thanks Larry. I am hoping for the same thing. As of now, I am so upset that I have to do this, I am not sure about what accessories will go with it. We can talk about this. My job has put a halt to ALL overtime. If that were not the case, i would be able to make other arrangements than to have to sell the best bike I have ever owned.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
I will second what battleaxeO said. Lovely bike, well set up. I hated hearing about this and am hoping you can find a way to keep your bike.

Wannabe

Thx battleaxe! Yes fun weekend that kinda ended in financial tragedy. The good news ( trying to be positive here)... If they allow over time, I could be back on one in less than a year.

It was so nice to meet every one, and make new friends.

Wannabe

Thank You Kline! That yogurt was the bomb huh? LOL!
I am doing my:(:( best to stay positive. I need money asap. I even gave the IRS this link to show I am doing the best I can. I don't think they care.

Wannabe

I have all my lawn equipment, a three fuel Generator, and tools for sale. Who knows.... right? Anyway, time is not on my side.

Last edited:

Wannabe

I am willing to sell the bike w/o the rolf wheels if money would make more sense for you. I have no idea what the bike assembled with all the components is worth, but I am sure we could come to an agreement. Does anyone know what a silvio like mine is worth w/o wheels?

LarryOz

Can you give us a run down on the components it has on it? That might make it a little easier.

Wannabe

Well it is stock as per web site. PLUS Rolf Vigor Wheels, Bright Eyes front light, DS500 rear light. Viscacha bag like what Robert Holler uses. Camel back is tied to it in picture. Less than 300 Miles. Rival Groupo Terracycle storage on boom and underneath. Asking $4700. Will accept offers.

Willing to sell bike and all you need do is add wheels to ride it ........... for $2,495

I know anything over $2,000 for a bike is a lot for many folks...

Last edited:

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
IS THIS A FAIR PRICE?
When the market is strong, you can calculate it two ways: By Mileage or By Age. The usual is 10% off per 1000 miles for a complete bike.The other way is to consider it as depreciation:

Step 1 Find the original price of the bicycle.

Step 2 Determine how many years you think the bike is usable. The number you get from this is the life of the bike. A reasonable number of years for a bike would be five to seven years.

Step 3 Divide the original cost of the bike by its lifetime. For example, if the bicycle originally cost $500 and the life expectancy is five years, then the depreciation expense would equal $500 divided by five years. This would equal $100 of depreciation per year.

The Problem is that May is the absolute dead time. Everyone just got their new rides for spring so buyers are scarce.

Depending on credit rating I would go to the local bank and see if they'd use the bike as collateral on a signature loan. Maybe pair that with a personal computer in a bundle. The trick is finding a banking who still "banks" they are still out there if you hunt them down. I would guess that the loss on the bike you are going to take this time of year is greater than the simple interest on a 2 year loan.

Wannabe

When the market is strong, you can calculate it two ways: By Mileage or By Age. The usual is 10% off per 1000 miles for a complete bike.The other way is to consider it as depreciation:

Step 1 Find the original price of the bicycle.

Step 2 Determine how many years you think the bike is usable. The number you get from this is the life of the bike. A reasonable number of years for a bike would be five to seven years.

Step 3 Divide the original cost of the bike by its lifetime. For example, if the bicycle originally cost $500 and the life expectancy is five years, then the depreciation expense would equal $500 divided by five years. This would equal $100 of depreciation per year.

The Problem is that May is the absolute dead time. Everyone just got their new rides for spring so buyers are scarce.

Depending on credit rating I would go to the local bank and see if they'd use the bike as collateral on a signature loan. Maybe pair that with a personal computer in a bundle. The trick is finding a banking who still "banks" they are still out there if you hunt them down. I would guess that the loss on the bike you are going to take this time of year is greater than the simple interest on a 2 year loan.

In which case with either method my prices are in the ball park....dont you think?

Wannabe

Seriously folks...... SOMEBODY please make an offer! You can save thousands over the cost of new. This bike is as close to new as can be.
ALL OFFERS considered...... PLEASE!

LarryOz

That sounds like a good price to me - I think without the wheelset someone should be interested in the $2700 range.
I agree with Bob though - kind of a bad time to have to sell it.
Be patient if you can and explore all possibilities to borrow money for it, etc.
Had any other calls on it?
Does it have a chainstay extension on it?
Good Luck!

Wannabe

Larry, first off mega congrats for the recent race! ;)I so wish I could be involved in such things. You are an inspiration to all of us.
No Chain stay extension. It fits me fine. My exseem is ~ 43 to 44. Not a single bite! But one guy on bent rider sent me a pm and wants to donate some money and start a save the "Silvio fund"!!! That is beyond amazing!!!

If my company were allowing for overtime, things would not be so bad. They will again one day, but for now, it is not soon enough. :(

LarryOz

Thanks for the Kudos.
That is awesome idea - "Save the Silvio". I have never done one of those things (fund me, or whatever), but I guess it would be worth a try.
What is your timeframe for raising the money you need for this emergency and how much do you "need"?
I know those are kind of personal questions and you might not want to reply in a "public" forum like this - so don't feel bullied into by my question.
You mentioned selling off all kinds of other stuff you own too. How is that going?

Status
Not open for further replies.