31st annual Michigan HPV Rally - 6/13/2015 to 6/14/2015

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Cool Eric ! Thanks - I am a data junkie! There is never too much data!

Want to ride Waterford Speedway with me - read on...
I did manage to shoot some video from my handlebars on me V20 (Don't have a mount point way out front yet for the VIRB camera. On the list of things to do before Northbrook!)
Anyway - Here is one lap around the Waterford track if you'd like to "experience it" with me!

Here is also a link to many great photos of the entire event: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=R3BudVYzVVpucGUycE9DZXh0WURmU28wdkNQcWtn

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Don't have a mount point way out front yet for the VIRB camera. On the list of things to do before Northbrook!
Larry, I made a bracket for my headlight for the National 24 Hour Challenge, which is in two days. Later, I want to see how I can adapt the same idea to a VIRB camera. It was a quick and dirty job last night, but I think it will work really well for a light or a camera. I took a piece of cardboard from a box and made a template. Then I cut a 1" wide by 1/8" thick piece of aluminum from home depot to the same length (I haven't measured it yet). I put it in a vice and bent it to 90 degrees with a hammer, but at an angle in the other plane as well (I'll try to post a picture). Then I drilled holes, sanded it smooth, and screwed my headlight onto it. I then attached the bracket to the existing boom mount up front with two screws - this is the existing mount that is to the left of the chain rings. Since one of the holes in the existing mount on the boom is larger, I can use it to angle the bracket up or down a little to adjust the angle of the headlight beams (or a camera later on). So, this is a simple and inexpensive way to create a bracket that is light weight, very stiff, aerodynamic, and can be made to any length to get the camera as far out front or as high as you would like. I'll experiment with the VIRB mounting later, since I'm prepping for the N24HC right now.

Last edited:

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
I ordered one but got the wrong diameter bracket - I need to get the correct diameter and try it out. It is definitely an alternative.

The advantage of the homemade bracket is that it gets out in front of the feet. So far, it feels very solid. We'll see how it holds up to a torture test tomorrow at the 80-mile Gran Fondo. :D According to the website, it looks like there will be 556 riders doing the 80-mile loop alone. :eek: That's more than double the N24HC. I need to get out on the front and stay there. ;)

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I ordered one but got the wrong diameter bracket - I need to get the correct diameter and try it out. It is definitely an alternative.

The advantage of the homemade bracket is that it gets out in front of the feet. So far, it feels very solid. We'll see how it holds up to a torture test tomorrow at the 80-mile Gran Fondo. :D According to the website, it looks like there will be 556 riders doing the 80-mile loop alone. :eek: That's more than double the N24HC. I need to get out on the front and stay there. ;)

Everyone knows that recumbents are fast descenders, as they have better aerodynamics, so I would suggest sitting in a peleton, so the DF riders can have a good look at the Vendetta, and talk to you about it, COMPARE power outputs if you have a power meter, then when a hill climb comes, FLOOR it and show them that a Cruzbike can CLIMB!