Adjustable Front Tube Sticking

I have a Free Rider (sofrider V2) and want to change the Adjustable Front Tube to accommodate a rider with a different leg length, but the Tube mechanism is stuck - any suggestions of how to unstick it with breaking something?

Vargas

Open the quick release on the

Open the quick release on the TFT. Sit on the bike leaning against a wall. Grab the handlebar or the stem riser with your hands and push hard on both pedals with your feet (push, not pedal). The TFT should unstick.
Some WD40 might also help.

jimbo3b

Check it carefully

Vargas is right, his suggested method would be the most gentle way to apply a lot of pressure on the sliding tube.

I"m shocked that you have an issue. If it was exposed to salt water it might be a case of corrosion. After you get it slid open, clean it up with some steel wool and apply a light layer of oil. A larger concern would be that it was damaged, perhaps in a crash. Look it over for cracks, dents, etc.--this is not a piece that you want to fall apart when you are at speed.

When you put it back together, the quick release does not need to be super tight. Remember, this is essentially the same piece that holds the seat post on a diamond frame, except there the seat is holding up a couple hundred pounds bouncing on it, while the slider is in tension on a Cruzbike. You should be able open and close the QR without even thinking of resorting to tools--the quick release applies plenty of stress.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
PB Blaster

Spray a generous dose of PB Blaster onto the tube where it enters the outer boom tube and allow it time for it to completely wick downward; overnight is often more than enough time.

Then follow Vargas' advice. My Silvio's boom was similarly stuck and this approach worked for me.