Adjusting to different seat angles

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Can you email them to me? :) Imagine that virtual PT!
Good thing I am going to my PT for my shoulder this afternoon - I will try and get him to spend some time on my neck area for me! How fortuitous!
It was 4 weeks today I had the surgery - so if everything is in order, then I can start some minor strength training.. yippie!

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I agree that you need an adjustable headrest, but that foam wedge (with accompanying pictures, of course) is awesome!
SGR-13.jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Rick - I have been trying to talk my wife into taking some PT or Massage classes - but she is digging her heals in. Yes, and I understand your wife's reluctance into being "beamed" over the internet. Generally it is not a wise practice to loan your wife out anyway, so I would support her on that decision!

Charles - Thanks - My foam wedge is really an "el-chepo" device, but it seems to do the job. (I could paint it black and it would not be so noticeable.)
I just carved it from 2" inulation foam board they had as scrap at work. The large bandsaw we have here also made quick work of it.
Now all I have to do is work on the adjustable head-rest. So many projects - so little time.

Not sure if you noticed, but I also carved a "lumbar support" bump that I use right on top of my seat pan and directly under my Ventist pad. You can see it in both pictures.
It took me awhile to get it dialed in, but I used it in the 24 hours at Sebring and can happily say - no backache what-so-ever for laying on that seat for 24 hours!

jond

Zen MBB Master
you guys are so very entertaining. not to mention knowledgeable informative and good spirits. thanks for sharing.
this forum is a great resource of humanity at its best. cheers everyone.