After 4500 miles on my V I've developed "tennis elbow"

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Well I did win my last two double century races by over 20 mins and an hour with zero comfort issues so I'd say it's be a win win win with the Thor and ventist seat pad. I don't have an real way to determine if I make more power but with increased comfort on all forms of climbing and anything after an hour I must.

I would hold out for the Thor even if it's going to be a wait.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I guess horizontal egos are ok? :rolleyes:

Yep... guess I can wait 6 months

RAR

this is my current setup from several months ago. currently i'm very pleased with the overall comfort on up to 13 hr rides. the only issue i still contend with is my knuckles getting stiff and aching from hanging off the bars in the same position all day. i don't feel i'm hanging on that tight but after 8 hrs i start to make an effort to take each hand off and repeatedly open and close my fingers every time i drink. this was one of my huge pains during last years 24hr but back then i could barely ride with one hand at all and only my left hand at that so it literally never left the bar if i was rolling. i can't say for sure if it's the same or gotten slightly better, but i know it's not worse.
ec2ab96d-d726-4ec5-80da-0c5669f4399e_zpsmb1gevk1.jpg
Jason which size seat did you get and how tall are you ? I'm right on the line between Medium and Large 175cm according to the Thor chart and I think you said you got the thin pad, right ? I don't have enough info to choose the right seat/pad combo yet.
Thanks in advance,
Rick

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
5'10" (178cm) and I chose a lrg thor seat. at first i thought i screwed up with the lrg because i couldn't get the headrest low enough because the seat back extended all the way up into the neck area. after several rides and a lot of adjustments i realized the head rest needed to be extended a few inches higher then where i started and now everything is perfect with the large. i did indeed go with the thinner 2cm thick ventist pad because the thicker 3cm pad with the extra lay in the center always made me feel like i was slightly disconnected from the bike like i was floating. the made it feel like i was sliding off the bike in a cross wind. I also felt the recommended pad for the thor seat were on the long side so i chose a slightly different size bases on measurements on both web sites. i went with the 91x26x24x26 pad and don't forget the 15x10x4 neck roll while your there because it can be a handy piece should you want to mod you headrest.

to help you figure out your seat size go ahead and compare your torso length to mine. i tend to be on the long legs short torso side of the average so even if you slightly shorter then me you could easily have a longer torso. i'd say if your torso length is any shorter then mine a med would probably suit you better. maybe grab a piece of cardboard and give this type of measurement a shot. legs strait out with you butt and back as strait against the wall as possible. my board is in inches but we can convert easy enough.
https://www.ventisit.nl/en/componen...intrikes-Nazca-AZUB-Challenge-Toxy/p/28861948
https://www.ventisit.nl/en/component/ecwid/#!/15x10x4-cm/p/28856148

AE62FDBC-7BAD-4F5A-8DA3-370C0F4D8837_zps1jn2xwyq.jpg

BD84375E-D213-4424-886D-823098E289F8_zpskevz64er.jpg

EF90ECB5-2CC0-4680-AD91-9084BC9236CC_zps3dybvnv2.jpg

Last edited: