An anniversary, or milestone of sorts!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
About 2 years ago I had just got my first Cruzbike (Silvio 2.0) and we came to the same beach for vacation - on the same week (July 4th week).
Anyway: I rode my first Century on that Silvio in 4:59:00 on June 29th on the open road. I did not have a power meter back then, but my pulse averaged 130bpm.
I scanned Strava briefly: since then I have ridden 6 more Centuries on the Silvio, traded for the Vendetta in Oct, 2014 and have since ridden 53 more Centuries (or longer) on it. (Fastest was 3:47:48)

So today was my 60th Century on a Cruzbike in 2 years. The Vendetta of course is more aero and therefore requires less power to move it along. I can now ride a 5 hour Century on it with my heart rate at about 100 bpm. What a difference 2 years makes! :)
Tomorrow I should also pass my 30,000 mile mark on my Cruzbikes!
Thanks again Cruzbike for letting me enjoy riding again! :):D

Wow that is a lot of riding in two years. I am lucky to get in 6,000. However that was on a DF. trying to improve on my silvio so that I can ride more.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
About 2 years ago I had just got my first Cruzbike (Silvio 2.0) and we came to the same beach for vacation - on the same week (July 4th week).
Anyway: I rode my first Century on that Silvio in 4:59:00 on June 29th on the open road. I did not have a power meter back then, but my pulse averaged 130bpm.
I scanned Strava briefly: since then I have ridden 6 more Centuries on the Silvio, traded for the Vendetta in Oct, 2014 and have since ridden 53 more Centuries (or longer) on it. (Fastest was 3:47:48)

So today was my 60th Century on a Cruzbike in 2 years. The Vendetta of course is more aero and therefore requires less power to move it along. I can now ride a 5 hour Century on it with my heart rate at about 100 bpm. What a difference 2 years makes! :)
Congrats Larry. It seems like yesterday that we jump into a whole new world of MBB, Ratz waz building his Silvios and posted the diaries online, that got me curious enough to jump on board, soon after you went cold turkey into a recumbent and was talking racing. The memories :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O!

super slim

Zen MBB Master

15,000 * 1.6 = 24,000 kms / year is STUNNING!!!
AND so much MORE COMFORTABLE than trying to do the same on a DF

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Yes Larry, that's quite something to achieve and not many of us have.

And I guess you are beginning to believe that you are limitless. Which is totally great to achieve.
(But if you achieve that then you won't be in this world)

You are probably at your optimum so why not just enjoy life at where you are at the moment. You are at the pinnacle of existence (or very close to it). Otherwise they will have to re-write the physics books on the endurance of the human anatomy. :D

skipB

Not only is Larry a heck of a cruzbike rider but he is also a very gracious host rider. As all of you know he is a blistering fast rider . Well today he actually slowed down. I ride a Q559 not well or fast , I met Larry near his vacation spot at 6;30 this morning . He rolled up on the red rocket V , I apologized for making him start late and he explained that he had already ridden 35 miles before I got there. We started off together and stayed together for 20 miles, not because I am fast but only because he went slow. He graciously rode with me for 20 miles at probably never faster and than 10 miles an hour. it was a tremendous effort for him to ride that very fast bike slowly. I do and will always appreciate his graciousness and his excellent company . A really cool guy on a really cool bike fast or slow

LarryOz

Not only is Larry a heck of a cruzbike rider but he is also a very gracious host rider. As all of you know he is a blistering fast rider . Well today he actually slowed down. I ride a Q559 not well or fast , I met Larry near his vacation spot at 6;30 this morning . He rolled up on the red rocket V , I apologized for making him start late and he explained that he had already ridden 35 miles before I got there. We started off together and stayed together for 20 miles, not because I am fast but only because he went slow. He graciously rode with me for 20 miles at probably never faster and than 10 miles an hour. it was a tremendous effort for him to ride that very fast bike slowly. I do and will always appreciate his graciousness and his excellent company . A really cool guy on a really cool bike fast or slow
Thank Skip! Had a great time riding with you and getting to know you - You're a great guy!
Truth be told, Skip first approached me for "riding lessons" - haha. No lessons needed for him - Maybe for me!!
We'll I'll have to admit - he can ride a straighter line on the road than I (I guess I skipped some of the drills... haha), I was just all over the place, especially with my suicide handlebars!
(I told him I could ride straighter when I go faster.. hehe)
I'm sure we'll meet up again either here or up in NC!
Here's a great photo of you after the ride!
Skip at HH.jpg

LarryOz

Was he pedaling with only one leg at a time??
I have been riding a lot lately (actually just passed 1200 miles in the last 11 days for the Fund Raiser that I'm doing), so it was really great to just drift down the road and chat with Skip.
Per my Garmin: Skip and I did 23.4 miles in 3:24. I expended an average of 17 watts during that time. I'll bet Skip probably had to work harder that I since he was sitting up higher in the wind!

LarryOz

Congrats Larry. It seems like yesterday that we jump into a whole new world of MBB, Ratz waz building his Silvios and posted the diaries online, that got me curious enough to jump on board, soon after you went cold turkey into a recumbent and was talking racing. The memories :);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O!
Time does fly Rick (almost as fast as a V!) - and most Cruzbikers out there could not have gotten going without the expert advice from both you and Ratz!
Hats off 2 both of you, Cruzbike, and everyone else on the forum who gives there input and advice. It's a great tribe to be a part of!

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I got a conversion kit 3 years ago. I graduated to a S in April 2014. And Mr "Cruz Merckx" Oslund has already gone about 200 times as far as me, at about 200 times my speed, and he is not even Belgian.

Larry, you are KOC (King of the Cruzbikes).

Bill K

Guru
Congratulations Larry!
I always enjoy reading your posts, and I've grown to expect the impossible from you: more miles, more speed, less watts (what a trend!).
And especially, no secrets. Pictures, data, all here for others to share (except, of course for your "secret test facility").
Actually, you are a big reason that I bought the V20. Your sub 4-hour century on 200 watts pushed me over the edge (must...go...fast, must...climb...hills, must...have...Vendetta).

Thanks!