Any front headlights mounted on the S30?

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
The Silvio 2.0 had two mounting tabs, but the S30 has only one. This means that the way people mount their front lights on the S30 must be different that it was for the 2.0.

Anyone care to show-and-tell on how they mounted their front lights on the S30?

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few images of the

Here are a few images of the front mount. The single arm makes it easy to mount a simply knob (Origin 8 pictured) and a light.

Robert

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Any reason not to.

Robert do you see any structural reason that the second mount on a 2.x model can't be cut off to creat that same nicer setup?

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Not at all - I had a 2.0 and

Not at all - I had a 2.0 and used a dremel to shave off one of the tabs myself last year. I would cut off the non-drive side tab.

Robert

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I found a decent one made by

I found a decent one made by Paul, and it is installed. It isn't black, but it'll be mostly obscured anyway.
They also sell it in black.

http://www.paulcomp.com/ginolightmount.html

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Any tendency for the light to

Any tendency for the light to creep around - or pop off that mount post on really rough roads?

-Eric

joy

Used a dowel

My husband made me one by using a piece of dowel drilled through and then held on with a screw, washer and nut, painted black. Works fine for pennies.

Wannabe

for my silvio 2.0 ( two

for my silvio 2.0 ( two tabs).... i took a piece of aluminum bar stock. It is about 2 inches long, 1/2 inch wide and 1/4 in thick. Purchased 3 foot piece from Lowes for just such things. I drilled two holes, mounted one side to the tab closest to the chainring and to the other end fastened an origin 8 light mount that I got from Robert. Works great, cost next to nothing. I could not bring myself to cut the second tab off the bike. The idea with the wooden dowel is good also, but I used what i had around the house. The bar will not be affected by the elements. I also allows for height adjustment and offers many mounting possibilities.