Any Silvio v1.0 Owners?

thebean

Any v1.0 owners out there? I am wondering if you are running a double and if this is working well in hilly areas? I don't know if this will resolve my fit issues, but I am wondering if I should install a double, and take the triple off.

I have to remeasure, but I thought my x seam was 40", but I measured yesterday and I was around 38". I am not quite sure how a double will change the boom angle, bit it sounds like it might allow an adjustment to work for my short x seam. Any of you v1.0 owners have a similar short x seam?

Thanks for your help. So appreciated!

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi Lisa,
(Maybe I missed

Hi Lisa,

(Maybe I missed them, but) Can you post pictures of exactly what problem you are having with the triple? I very much doubt I'll provide anything useful that Doug hasn't already, but I am curious about the exact problem.

I very much hope you do get it worked out. :)

Cheers,
Charles

thebean

In Mick's exact words!!
"The

In Mick's exact words!!

"The limiting factor that I found in the boom adjustment was that at a certain angle the chainstays run up against a ridge in the fork preventing the angle to be any narrower."

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Perhaps the 1.5 mods

Perhaps the 1.5 mods described in your other thread here are also applicable to the 1.0?

Doug Burton should be able to confirm for you.

-Eric

randyspann

Missing Something?

- Am I missing something? How will switching to a double change the boom angle? I didn't think it would. But if you want to use a double in hilly country, you must have a pretty high fitness level! I live in the hills, don't use the granny much, but usually at least once on every ride. You could run a 34 tooth small ring double and a cassette with a big ring of 36, but then you would loose the narrow gear ratios on the rear cassette. ( I kind of like having close gear ratios).

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
If you use the long cage FD

If you use the long cage FD of a triple, but put it on a double, there is less chance for the chain to drag on the bottom of the cage, so the operating angle fo the chainstay/boom can increase, making very short fittings more viable. It will always be a bit fiddly, might be workable but less than perfect.

thebean

Excellent.  Solution on the

Excellent. Solution on the way. Doug dug up some old parts. Stay tuned!

My apologies Eric for creating another thread. I wanted to clearly sort out my challenges with the v1.0 and v1.5.

thank you all for your support. Amazing company!!!!