Are Vendetta's really fast or what??????

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Here is a short video of a downhill section on the Blue Ridge Parkway whilst riding the Assault on Mount Mitchell back on May 18.
It is an excellent example of just how fast these bikes are!
I actually captured a Strava KOM (1 Mile Descent) without really doing anything but coasting. (May have pedaled a "little bit" in the beginning, but most of it was just hanging on for dear life.)
KOM 1 of 1843!

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Wow Larry! Anything over 35mph scares the crap out of me. You should consider wearing some advanced D3O body armor on your elbows and hips in case you fall down and go boom. It would save your skin and bones at that speed.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Here is a short video of a downhill section on the Blue Ridge Parkway whilst riding the Assault on Mount Mitchell back on May 18.
It is an excellent example of just how fast these bikes are!
I actually captured a Strava KOM (1 Mile Descent) without really doing anything but coasting. (May have pedaled a "little bit" in the beginning, but most of it was just hanging on for dear life.)
KOM 1 of 1843!
I had to watch that video again

LarryOz

Anything over 35mph scares the crap out of me. You should consider wearing some advanced D3O body armor on your elbows and hips in case you fall down and go boom. It would save your skin and bones at that speed.

Yeah - it is pretty scary. I won't be don't that kind of speed anytime soon (I hope).
I do really prefer just flatlands, or nice rollers. Of course, even falling and sliding at 30mph can ruin your day.

Your kevlar riding outfit arrives when?
I think I might have to look into the kevlar stuff at some point, even for just riding on the track! :)

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
I think I might have to look into the kevlar stuff at some point, even for just riding on the track! :)
Check out D3O first. It is an advanced material. It acts like a soft rubber and is comfortable to wear. But upon impact, it hardens to protect your body. You can buy pads for different body parts like hips and elbows. I have a pair of elbow pads and they work nicely.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
By the way that probably should have not been a KOM but a FOD (fool of the Descent) I think Mrs Oz would concur and I'm sure you didn't show that video to her :) I got nervous watching it given your shoulder and hip.

LarryOz

I think Mrs Oz would concur and I'm sure you didn't show that video to her :) I got nervous watching it given your shoulder and hip.
Correct Ratz, showing her that video would probably ban me from riding over 8mph for the rest of my life! :eek:
Heck, I didn't like what happened to me when I flatted going 27mph on a track - so I'm gonna give up the high-speed stuff - too scary and life threatening!
I still might need some advanced protection from flatting on the track though - so will look into something kevlar or D3O stuff Joe mentioned.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
There are a number of motorcycle vs deer videos on Youtube. No Vendetta vs deer vid yet.
I was riding a road bike in Florida and had the pleasure of meeting a deer on the cycle path. It was a 30mile straight as a dye cycle path (disused train track converted), the deer saw me coming and just jumped straight over the fence. If I was coming down a mountain at 54mph , it would freak me out.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Nice Larry - get a KOM just sitting on a Vendetta, way to go. Now that's why I like to climb, the sheer exhilaration of the wind and road on you!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I was riding a road bike in Florida and had the pleasure of meeting a deer on the cycle path. It was a 30mile straight as a dye cycle path (disused train track converted), the deer saw me coming and just jumped straight over the fence. If I was coming down a mountain at 54mph , it would freak me out.

Rick had one Jump OVER his bike. I don't have that problem I just scream like a 12 year old girl (but louder) when I see deer; .... At the speed of a Vendetta perhaps we need deer whistles.

Cruzbike Chris

Wow, that's fast and scary. I did 46mph yesterday and thought I was gonna die. No video but here is the Strava. I guess I will have to start putting the camera on more theses days. Keep'm coming Larry, very motivating.

Rick had one Jump OVER his bike. I don't have that problem I just scream like a 12 year old girl (but louder) when I see deer; .... At the speed of a Vendetta perhaps we need deer whistles.
Maybe that's what the Silvio flute is...:)

BentAero

He he. he, just another day in paradise, right Lar? ;)

You boys need to come visit for a weekend. Larry and I will whip up a que sheet for you and show you some... downhills. (Said with a sinister grin/evil laugh)

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Larry, GREAT descent!!!

The first really fast descent on a good surfaced road!!
You got quite a high lean up on the two bends after hitting 54 mph!!!
If you want more speed keep your right pedal horizontal, and tilt your left knee up against the extendable tube!