Are Vendetta's really fast or what??????

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
A rigid front end updated V1.5 Silvio. The ultimate road bike that does it all (IMHO)

Currently the V20 and S30 forks are not the same axle to crown, so putting a V20 fork in an S30 frame alters the headtube angle/trail and results (because I have tried it) in some scary handling at speed. Altering the head angles of any bike is generally not a good idea

"Cruzbikes are faster than I am"

I would agree with that 100%

The V1 has a great power position IMHO for the steeps. The V20 is faster on the rollers/flats/downhills.
The V20 lives for rollers, flats and downhills. That's when I know I've strapped myself on the back of a Valkerie. I hear Wagner and smell incinerated carcasses of DF riders in her wake.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Between my V1 Silvio and the Vendetta 2.0 I still prefer the Vendetta on the climbs.
The power transfer is that much better.

That said - I become intimate with every bump (under 23mph) on the Vendetta while the Silvio 1.0 is butter (not a typo). If the hill is not really nice - the Silvio wins because it takes those bumps in stride - the Vendetta may hop if i'm going slow enough.

Tim Turner was asking me about handling on the Vendetta - related to a conversation about being a good group rider (holding a line, not wobbling, being predictable).
I have to admit - I'm a better group rider on the Silvio than I am on the Vendetta.
* I surge easier on the Vendetta
* I twitch more often
* I sway more under extreme power
* I come off my line easier (especially when releasing grip on one side or the other for a bottle etc).

I'll get better over time but it's definitely
zero vague feeling
It does exactly what you ask it to without coercion.

In that last group ride - a Cat2 upright racer was drafting both Tim and I (Tim on his Bachetta CA2) and he commented that he felt like I was easier to draft off of - his comment was "maybe the air is smoother behind him?".
Granted - I did have a rear disc cover on.
and on the long downhill - where I hit 49+ - it was really solid all the way.

I started in the front - watched my mirror for Tim to stop pedaling - he stopped right after me at about 36mph or so.
And I slowly just pulled away - by the time the descent was over I probably had 100+yards on him.
The disc helped me, but he had a Cat2 racer drafting him (close) so the difference (between my disc and his spokes) wasn't as profound as it would have been otherwise.

That was a pretty incredible descent.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
KEEP dual suspension on the Silvio for the touring riders and leave the unsuspended, lighter weight, lower, Vendetta for the racers, as these bikes are DESIGNED brilliantly for different uses!!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
102 wow you are game david. i wonder if the truck driver cared how close he was. you want to stay off that road if trucks are regular users.
AGREED ---- MOST DEFINETELY!!!!!

Martinius Berg

Rolling resistance X wind resistance X gravety X weight X aerodynamics = speed :) and we love it.

I did that once with my recumbent riding downhill in the area where i live , speed increased up to almost 73 km p/hour when a side wind catches the front wheel and the bike front wheel starts wobbling. Luckily i kept my thoughts in the right place and pumped the brakes carefully until i stopped. My legs where shaking , but i would do it again. Its the need of speed . Riding a recumbent is magnificent :)

Thanks fore sharing your video Larry

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Well I read something about tubeless tires being 12 % faster in acceleration. To me that sounded perfect. I now know how to get really dirty and frustrated in a very hot fashion. Ha Ha... summer has come early this year and we are in the upper 30's already... too hot for me to ride in so I thought I would widen my experience with the bontager aeolus 5. After three shots of trying to make a compass Chinook pass 700c/28mm tubeless don't... there is no way that this tyre will sit properly. I couldn't get Stan's no tube latex sealant so I thought I got the next best thing. Anyways... I resorted to a tube with a valve extender. Just so I can get the feel for the new wheel.

I love the idea of going tubeless. It means you don't have to have so much pressure in the tires so it gives a more comfortable ride. Maybe keep the Chinook pass for the old wheel and get some wonderful high performance 25mm tyre that is tubeless for the bondage Aeolus 5. So tonight, touch wood I can get to bed before 12 and get up at 6 to go out for a ride.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Well I read something about tubeless tires being 12 % faster in acceleration. To me that sounded perfect. I now know how to get really dirty and frustrated in a very hot fashion. Ha Ha... summer has come early this year and we are in the upper 30's already... too hot for me to ride in so I thought I would widen my experience with the bontager aeolus 5. After three shots of trying to make a compass Chinook pass 700c/28mm tubeless don't... there is no way that this tyre will sit properly. I couldn't get Stan's no tube latex sealant so I thought I got the next best thing. Anyways... I resorted to a tube with a valve extender. Just so I can get the feel for the new wheel.

I love the idea of going tubeless. It means you don't have to have so much pressure in the tires so it gives a more comfortable ride. Maybe keep the Chinook pass for the old wheel and get some wonderful high performance 25mm tyre that is tubeless for the bondage Aeolus 5. So tonight, touch wood I can get to bed before 12 and get up at 6 to go out for a ride.
yes david the only way to beat that kind of heat is to ride late evening or get up with the sparrows. not every tyre will allow you to convert them to tubeless despite some non tubeless tyres allowing a reasonable result after dressing the bead. sometimes the mucking around in the garage till the early hours can be (almost) as much fun as riding. actually sometimes it is more fun unless the missus gets on my case...... "you said you were packing up 2 hours ago....." bless her she just does not understand :) we love to tinker and make a half hour job double upon itself.