Asembling my new Q559

HubbsCruzbike

I am a new Cruzbike owner with a Q559 that I finally decided to buy. I have a couple questions with perhaps more to follow as I learn to ride it. I am moving up from a Cannondale Bent I (which will soon be for sale).

The first is that I seem to have three parts left over that I do not know what to do with (usually a bad sign). A picture is attached. You will also see the Cruzbike medallion that I put in the picture just for relative size. What do I do with these parts?

My second question is about tires. While I will be doing most of my riding on paved roads and paths, I have a definite need to have a tire that will do better on the packed gravel road in front of my house, and for use on the packed gravel Rails to Trails paths - a big reason for getting the Q. It just has the Maxxis 26x1 tires. How much bigger would you recommend without me changing the A-RIM DC17 alloy double wall 6061 rims that came on it. Any specific tire recommendations appreciated.

Looking forward to being an avid Cruzbiker. Thanks in advance.

Curzbike parts.JPG

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The two black spacers; are used with you remove the rack, to attach the seat arms to the seat post.

The big o-ring; I've never figured out that one

If you are going to do a lot of gravel Then the CX Pro from Schwalbe would be reasonable choice.
http://www.schwalbetires.com/node/4152

It's 35-559 which is the same a Kojak and if I recall people have mount Kojaks on those rims.

Emeljay

WiskersBlowinInTheWind
The two cylindrical aluminum pieces are to widen the seat post attachment (see pics) for say putting on the the aero touring and commuting rack. See "Q Touring and Commuting Rack Installation" on YouTube. The o ring I will have to call on my memory retrievers as I seem to remember that I figured it out but don't remember just now!??!!

tmp_15319-Piece1900384249.jpeg

tmp_15319-GoesHere709904901.jpeg

Last edited:

Gromit

Guru
Gromit for the point, set, and match.
I answered the same question, 2 or 3 years ago. ;) :)
http://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/assembled-my-new-quest-but-have-a-few-parts-left-over.6681/

36339110180_9630f9c329_z.jpg

Last edited: