Back on the Silvio Again

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Before moving to Washington from South Carolina in July of this year, I had to disassemble my Silvio in order to find room for it in the moving van. My intention was to have the tired paint job replaced with a vibrant powdercoat and then rebuild the Silvio as soon as I could.

Well, life...and Murphy's Law happened and parts were lost along the way and assembling the bike would have been a costly proposition. A couple of members of our "Cruzbike Community" gave me a big hand and made it possible to have my Silvio up and running a lot sooner than I imagined.

15.5 Mile Inaugural Ride

I finally finished assembly and went on the Silvio's 2nd maiden voyage; she really is like a new bike, after all. I forgot how enjoyable the Silvio is. I forgot what it's like to ride into a headwind, yet still hold a respectable speed. It's still work, but it's so much more fun and so much faster now. I also forgot how quickly the Silvio accelerates. Part of the fun is pushing to keep my speed in the low 20's, but I've been off the bike for a while, and my legs quickly reminded me of that. Time in the seat and cooperative weather is all I need to get back into form by Spring.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Good to see you back in the

Good to see you back in the saddle Andrew. The new paint job is truly "STUNNING" (ass SS coined it).

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Just in time for Gobble Gobble.

Just in time to work of the Turkey Calories. 15.4 on an inaugural.... I remember the days of climbing on a DF and being dead after 10 miles for the first ride.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Way to go Andrew.
You've been

Way to go Andrew.
You've been on your bike more times in the past 3 weeks than I have. :(

I've relegated myself, for now, to the bus/train and a movie on the trainer.