Bags? We don' need no steenking BAGS!

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
-But sometimes, you really do have to carry stuff ... in a bag.

I have a messenger bag, given to me by my brother in law, who in turn had received the bag as a promotional gift.
The bag has a lot of features.
A detachable shoulder strap;
many compartments;
various YKK zippers;
cinch-straps, water resistant, expandable and khaki/mud-colured.

It's most usable feature are the two adjustable straps on the top of the bag that I use to
clip to the top frame tube, under the Sofrider's seat.
No permanent hardware.
The bag is rarely used, as I use the bike for exercise, not shopping.
However, it works well in that location, both empty and loaded. I know. I tested it.

I see no need to invest in a cargo carrying system that was engineered for diamond frame bicycles.
Carrying cargo under the rider, (where a DF bottom bracket would normally go) keeping the
weight close to the center of mass, just makes sense.

Yeah, you want a picture, I know.
Get used to disappointment: I have no camera!

-Steve

:D

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
This thread is worthless without pictures. Beg, borrow, steal a camera. They're a buck niney nine at wally world.

Mark

ozcruza

I love bags, always had bags on my bikes over the years, haven't got around to finding fixing spots on my new Cruzbike but I'm sure I'll find something under the seat, then I can go bike camping, shopping etc; Wish I was a bit brainyer so I could design some kind of aerodyanamic fibreglass or carbon bags that didn't behave like sails in the wind...Linz

currystomper

Commuting with a messenger bag

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone had commuted with message bag and just left it on when ridding there Cruzbike - One would have thought that it would have hung over the side of the bike quite nicely - going to try this unless soemone says that it doesn't work.

I a diamond I use a rucksack while commuting. Wantinf something as simple for the Cruz'

orlafl

Backpacks

Ive been wondering too, how to do it. Got a rag installed, just to realize, that the backfork istnt made for big loads. But as there is sooo much space under the bike it turned out to be the easiest thing in the world. Attach anything underneath! Click and strap to the seatpost. All load is suspended, welll centered; so simple!
Dont worry about loose straps. Just wipe them together in the strap around the bag, so nothing hangs down in the road.

currystomper

courier bag on a 1.5 Silivio

Hi Folks

Got a courier bag and tried wearing it on the way to work, the strap needs to be quite short so that it doesn't foul the rear wheel, but is a good alternative to a rucksack for short journeys.

Once sat on the bike, the bag just hangs down the side and doesn't seem to affect my riding any any way.

A useful idea I think.

CS