Bike Rack Photos

Brewmaster

Hello Everybody,
The build is progressing nicely :cool: , and I'll have pics to post soon. I was wondering if anyone has pictures of a Silvio on different car racks?
I'm trying to get my head around on how it fits. I have a trailer hitch rack at present, but I'm willing to change if there is a better alternative.
(maybe not to a roof rack after Mark's unfortunate misfortune.....)
Thanks,
Jamie

Brewmaster

Hey Gromit,
Thanks, I had seen that thread already, and as nice as the modified trunk rack was.....I'm not ready to hack apart my current hitch mount rack. I saw that John uses a normal rack....any pictures of that or other types of rear mounted racks?
Thanks,
Jamie

Brewmaster

Here is a picture of my Silvio on a Thule Bike Rack. Hey John T, is this what yours looks like? It seems to work pretty well.
I may end up modding the rack with a tray for the Silvio....I'll post with updates.
Jamie

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Hey mister.... Your bike is busted! :lol: :lol:

That looks doable. I'm going to have to bust out my rack and see if I can do that.

Mark

Mark B wrote: Jamie,

Don't forget to take your cushions off before heading down the road.

Mark

I always take my cushions off my Sofrider when at work so they are dry and warm when I ride home.
One day last week I couldn’t get the seat pad off it had snowed the day before so now it was frozen to the pan! :roll:
Took the Sofrider in a building the whole bike needed defrosting anyway. This is the first time it’s been indoors at work.

Peder

kling

Gromit wrote:
John T says that in his rack he has the Silvio's front wheel folded back. Perhaps he would post a picture? ;) :)

Hi guys,

I tried folding the Silvio front wheel back to use a tow ball mounted bike rack. After a few times, the titanium rear suspension piece snapped after a ride [!!]. Not sure if the rack was causal- other arm of the rack was behind the seatback). John had a look and replaced with a thicker titanium piece -amazing service from Cruzbike!.

Since then I haven't used the tow ball bike rack with the Silvio

regards
Kendrick

3WHELZ

Guru
Granted, I am a newbie to the forum, but allow me to recommend Hitchrider's products for those that have not already made the investment. I have no affiliation other than a consumer. We have multiple recumbents. Their product accommodates all of our recumbents with the exception of our tandem trike.

I have to admit that I have been lurking on the discussion board, gathering as much information as possible and trying to decide whether a Silvio should be my Spring project.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
3WHELZ wrote: Granted, I am a newbie to the forum, but allow me to recommend Hitchrider's products for those that have not already made the investment. I have no affiliation other than a consumer. We have multiple recumbents. Their product accommodates all of our recumbents with the exception of our tandem trike.

I have to admit that I have been lurking on the discussion board, gathering as much information as possible and trying to decide whether a Silvio should be my Spring project.

Welcome to the forum! The Silvio is a geat bike!

Mark

3WHELZ

Guru
Mark - thank you for the greeting.

From all that I have been able harvest from the website, the Silvio is a fine machine. I think it would be a nice complement to my Windcheetah.

I am still research components that might work best. Also, I am a bit intrigued on whether there are an planned tweaks to the design. However, as an engineer, I fully respect John Tolhurst's comment that design work is no simple task.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
3WHELZ wrote: Mark - thank you for the greeting.

From all that I have been able harvest from the website, the Silvio is a fine machine. I think it would be a nice complement to my Windcheetah.

I am still research components that might work best. Also, I am a bit intrigued on whether there are an planned tweaks to the design. However, as an engineer, I full respect John Tolhurst's comment that design work is no simple task.
Cruzbike is now offering a Campagnolo groupo at a ridiculously low price... Campy stuff works real well with the Silvio and it takes roadies by surprise... BIG time! It's the last thing they expect to see, a Campy equipped recumbent.

Mark

JimParker

I just got a Hollywood Sports Rider SE 3 bike rack. What I like about this rack is the bikes stand on their own wheels and are supported securely by a vertical bar and clamp. Very easy to setup, take down, and use. Also, the bikes look very cool on this rack, not all jumbled up. Comes with a hitch lock and 9 ft security cable keyed the same... very convenient.

However, the distance between bikes is just a little tight. Put padding between the seat pans of adjacent bikes or the paint can get scratched during transport. You need a 2" hitch for this rack. There is a 2 bike version and 4 bike version of this rack. Pictured here are two Silvios and a Sofrider on their way to a fun bike trip.

Jim

Hollywood_rack_rear_view.jpg

Hollywood_rack_side_view.jpg

Romagjack

Hey Jim,
I just installed a

Hey Jim,
I just installed a Hollywood Sports Rack 2 but can't figure out how to use the vertical clamps with the Cruzbike seat pans located in the middle where the clamp shoud grab a frame tube. The seat assembly is pretty easy to to remove from the Quest but don't know what to do with my conversion.