bike racks for reciever hitches

1happyreader

zen/child method
Racks

I like the look and price of the rack Doug Burton showed, there are pictures on this site I think it was a Highland SportWing.

rid22397_r1_800.jpg

Our non-cruzbike is LWB so I have a Hollywood Sport Rider Recumbent Hitch Rack, It's truely over kill , very heavy, large.

Other similar brands like the the Swagman XC - 2 Bike Rack Platform Style would serve you just as well.

4826cc39-b2d3-41d2-b6ef-83529ee8b000_zps28a11f13.png

super slim

Zen MBB Master
this is an option with the

this is an option with the rear wheel removed.
It uses strong Velcro straps to clamp the bike, and one Ocky strap to stop the bike swinging when the car accelerates.

Super Slim

noahvale

Hollywood Racks. Mine is a

Hollywood Racks. Mine is a double, but I only one of the setups on it. The other bike would be closer to the truck. It also folds down partially for access to your trunk, etc.

rack1.jpg

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Hollywood Racks +1. Superb

Hollywood Racks +1. Superb bike rack, easy to use, and bike is extremely secure. I've used this same rack for LWB and SWB recumbent, 2 and 1 at a time. Very happy with it.

ccetex

Saris Bike Rack

I have the Thelma 2-Bike rack from Saris and it works great.

http://www.saris.com/product/thelma-2

3WHELZ

Guru
Raxter Rack

I opted for a hitch mount Raxter rack, http://www.raxterracks.com for transporting my Silvio. I did need to reduce the length of the nylon arm for the from wheel. It was an easy modification.

jimbo3b

+1 on the Highland Sportwing

The Sportwing breaks down into six small pieces, and takes only a couple minutes for setup or breaking down. You can haul up to four bikes. I recently drove 3,400 miles in two weeks, riding my conversion in Utah and Arizona.

alt="Subaru, Sportwing rack, and two bikes. "
901789_760536387304050_3015452873788071277_o.jpg

Brokeneck

thanks for ther input

I appreciate the input, been researching racks, i found the yakama holder 2 rack to be perfect, yes they are pricy. my local bike shop set one up and tested my bike on it. it has a build in lock cable that hides in the front wheel lock down boom, it fold up when not in use. I picked this unit since i do not have to remove my back tire. i when to 25c tires so i have to defalte the tire partially to remove and install on the bike. although my rims are quick disconnect i feel te less i have to remove install the less wear on the components and frame