Biked to Work Entire Week

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I set aside my $35 Magna Fix-D after cobbling together a 650c Cannondale mostly from parts I had lying around. I kept the gear inches close to the same, but the bike probably weighs half of my Target-bought boat anchor.

Now that I am riding something close to a proper road bike, my commute is much more enjoyable and quite a bit faster. I did the 27-mile round-trip commute each day this week except for about 5 miles yesterday when two punctures rendered my bike un rideable.

The flatted rear tire was the result of a tread puncture and was truly my fault. I was considering replacing the aging, cracked Michelin tires two days earlier but laying down a Ben Franklin for two rubber hoops was more than I wanted to bear. As it turns out, after I flatted, I was offered a ride by a fellow in a landscaping truck and he took me to the bike shop where I bought the tires I should have bought two days prior.

Moral of the story...never hesitate to buy the things for your bike that you truly need.

BobD

Great to "see you" out and

Great to "see you" out and enjoying your commute to work Andrew!
btw: What a fantastic avatar. How did you create it?

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
No Wind Monday

Yesterday was the first time in a while that I didn't face headwinds and crosswinds during my commute. Talk about feeling fast! I knocked about 10 minutes off of my morning commute and about 5 on the way home. Something tells me I may have enjoyed a tailwind on the way to the office.