Bike'n'Hike

Just rode from home in Davis, CA up to Lake Tahoe for some hiking/trail-blazing/lake-swimming adventure. Here's the setup for anyone interested in a similar endeavour (click 'Back to Album' for more Cruzbike-enabled adventure pics:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154626683170235&set=a.10154196293845235.1073741832.906080234&type=3&theater

Vargas

"bike route"

Hi Elliot,
Great ride and pictures!
I was looking at those "bike route" pictures. This weekend I rode my 451 Quest on similar routes -25 Km on rubbles. The Quest was jumping around like a happy dog. But the one sitting on it wasn't so happy...
I should have lowered the tires pressure for a more comfortable ride, but since I was going to ride another 50 Km on paved roads, I didn't do it.
How was your experience riding those "bike routes"? Did you lower the tires pressure?

Although I have

Although I have *accidentally, unintentionally* routed myself on some rough dirt and/or gravel roads and ridden them, I did not ride the roads in the pictures. The pictures show the beginning of the roads and each got much worse as it went on. They had holes and gouges inches deep with large melon sized rocks strewn and lodged about. In the past, on other unpaved roads, I have ridden without dropping pressure for the same reason as you; I wanted to maintain pressure for the pavement to come.