Bikes, Blues and Bayous coming up 8/01

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Bikes, Blues, and Bayous is this Saturday, 1 August 2015, at 7 a.m. It's a flat, well-supported ride in the Mississippi Delta, out from Greenwood. BB&B claims to be "Mississippi's largest ride"; as of this morning, there are more than 750 riders registered. About half the participants are taking the 62-mile loop, another third are signed up for the 46-mile out-and-back, with the rest choosing 20 or 11 miles. Plenty of post-race refreshments and entertainment.

Late registration starts at 6:15 a.m. Saturday. Online registration is still open:
http://www.bikesbluesbayous.com/register-purchase

Y'all come! There are probably few, if any, motel rooms left in Greenwood, but you should still be able to find one within an hour's drive.

Disclaimer: It gets a mite warm in the Delta in August...OK, scratch that, it gets dadgum hot and plenty humid. :p

I wanted to be there. We were planning on coming, but Mrs. Axe would melt. I watched a fairly strong rider heat stroke and start having heart problems this past weekend in Woodville with only 6 miles to go.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
I wanted to be there. We were planning on coming, but Mrs. Axe would melt.

Tell her she can ride the 11-miler with my husband and teenaged son, and sit in the shade afterward to wait for you. The forecast is for a low of 68 degrees, and a high of "only" 93. ReklinedRider and I are doing the 46-mile--I really want to see the Minter City rest stop, with the white tablecloths, silver, china, awesome food...

Reactions: Suz

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Our "excellent roads" !!! Yes and we will sell you some oceanfront property in Arizona :p:p:p

But I have no doubt you could make short work of those 800 miles! Maybe next year.

battleaxe I second castlerobber's suggestion. The stops in historic Money, Mississippi and in Minter City at the Minter City Methodist Church are good stuff! Blues in Money, Barbecue and blues in Greenwood by the Tallahatchie River, and the grace of God and good people in Minter City. They do indeed pull out all the stops for this annual event! And while we will never compare our summer heat to south Louisiana, it'll be plenty warm! Y'all come.