boom/slider length on Silvio S30

ccf

Guru
I can't get dimension A shown on page 10 of the Silvio Assembly Instructions any shorter than 84 cm. I need it 79 cm based on my knee height. The boom seems to be hitting a stop. Since the example length in the Silvio Assembly Instructions is 80 cm, I figure I must be doing something wrong. Please advise.

-Cliff

BrianA

The boom need to be adjusted with the clamp, BB clamps and wheel skewer loose. I had similar problems and found that I hadn't loosened the front wheel skewer which prevented full adjustment. Just a thought.

ccf

Guru
@BrianA, thanks for the reply. I had the BB clamps loose, but not the skewer. I loosened the skewer, but the problem persists. It sure feels like there is a mechanical stop inside the slider tube.

mzweili

Guru
ccf, probably you hit the threaded inserts for the water bottle holder. If this is the case you have to shorten the boom. It was the case ion my Silvio 2.1

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
If you are a BROL member you can click the link in my signature for the Silvio Build Diary. Being member will let you see the inline photos (it's free) you will see photos illustrating how to measure and cut your boom so that you can get your desired length.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
You can cut some length off of the slider tube - the smaller tube that goes inside the boom. Please make sure to only cut off the amount that you need to make the adjustment off the slider (never cut the larger outside boom) - keep as much overlap as you can to maintain the stiffness of the front end.