Boom ... was that an S30 that just passed you?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The old website listed it the S30 with shock as 22.6 in
The current specs is 21.5in.

I assume that's the seat pan without the the cushhions. So the old height with the cushions was 24.1in; and the new is 23"

So 1 inch lower.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Having assembled this version of the frame for my dad, and having two of the circa 2015-suspended ones... It is very very nice. Unquestionably a step up from a finish standpoint.

I hope that they do make an upgrade of the front-end for the older frames. I'd stick it on there in a heartbeat.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Having assembled this version of the frame for my dad, and having two of the circa 2015-suspended ones... It is very very nice. Unquestionably a step up from a finish standpoint.

I hope that they do make an upgrade of the front-end for the older frames. I'd stick it on there in a heartbeat.

How different does it ride? I agree that rear suspension is more useful than front suspension, but both (when well tuned) can be useful (or not??)

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
How different does it ride? I agree that rear suspension is more useful than front suspension, but both (when well tuned) can be useful (or not??)

I have no idea (but I want to find out)!! :)
I didn't get to ride my Dad's build, since I didn't get in all the parts before I had to head home (at best I could coast around on it).

I did, however, read Robert Holler's report after building up Dad's Silvio. I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be accurate, given my up-close looksie. The change to the baseplate *should* cause the rear to be laterally more stiff. The lack of the front shock? No idea what that'd feel like.