Bottom bracket ring bolts

has anyone had problems with the bottom bracket ring bolts on the Silvio 2.0. I have sheared on and the other one was bent. repair shop said might need to go to larger bolts. This is due to all the load put in that area .hope this is it for a while tired of some new issue almost every time I go on a good ride.

Jeremy S

Dude
The bolts that came with my

The bolts that came with my bike were too long, and bottomed out before they could tighten securely on the bottom bracket bearings. The issue was pretty obvious when I assembled my bike. I bought shorter bolts at a hardware store, and have had no problems since.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Actually, there is not much

Actually, there is not much load on those bolts. All they need do is stop the clamp from wriggling sideways.

They don't need to be thicker. But if they have bottomed out then shorter ones is the way to go. cut them, grind them down or buy shorter versions as did Jeremy.

Ivan

Guru
I have not had problems with

I have not had problems with mine, once installed correctly. I don't have a lot of torque on them as they are fairly small, and they don't slip at all. So I would say don't bother about bigger bolts, just get correct length or slightly shorter than the ones you currently have - as John says.