Boyd Wheels

Kerry Kerr

I purchased a set of Boyd Wheels that Ratz pointed me to. They are absolutely awesome. I have 44mm on front with White hubs and 60's on rear with White Industry hubs also, with 25m Pro Ones tubeless. Was riding with Easton 55 front and rears with tubes. At the same tire pressures, the Boyd/Pro Tubeless difference is much more than I expected, ride is not so bouncy, the bike itself handles and feels so much more predictable at speed, and no-where as darty as it was!! Also, the folks at Boyd were great!!! Thanks for the rec, Ratz!!

My wife and I have 4 sets of Boyd wheels between us. They have all been great. We've also been running on Schwalbe Pro One tubeless in both 23 and 25mm sizes this year and they have worked great. At one point last month while we were riding on crappy shoulders up in Vermont, my wife said she was getting sprayed with sealant (Orange Seal). Sure enough, I had a puncture which sealed up and is still not giving me any trouble. So far I'm quite happy with these tubeless wheels/tires. And the Boyd wheels look nice, even the alloy ones.

P7170364s.JPG

BJ686

Just saw that Boyd is having a Black Friday special---buy a carbon wheelset and get an alloy wheelset free. I bought the 44m carbon set at the beginning of the year and really like them. Would love to get a 60/90 combo set for flat ground aero, and this would be a great time to do it, but really cant justify buying another carbon wheelset as tempting as it is. But if anyone has been on the fence, this might push you over the edge!