Brainbox on Silvio

mickjordan

Here are a couple of photos of a Bacchetta Brainbox on my Silvio. It only works because of the headrest. I had already cut slits in the flap that is designed to slide over the seat to accomodate the ADEM headrest on the Bacchetta. On the Silvio there is only a couple of inches of the flap over the seat but there is a strap at the base of the bag that can be used to secure it further. Evdently the headrest is key to this working at all. There is a small amount of side to side movement that might be a problem on twisty descents. Need a test ride. I hope it works because it's a good and affordable bag ($65) and takes a 50oz bladder which is way more cobvenient that messing with bottles.

SilvioBB1.jpg; ;

SilvioBB2.jpg; ;

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
You might be able to snug it

You might be able to snug it up a bit more by using the wide suspension strap that came with it.

You can set the strap over or under the seat cushion. If you set it under, it might block a little bit of the velcro cushion strips but probably not enough to make the cushioni slip. If you set it over it may be a bit more of a hot spot for your back when it is warm.

I really like mine. I have it really snug on the Quest but when my Vendetta arrives I'll be mounting it on the headrest like you show in your pictures.

-Eric

mickjordan

Snugging it

Good point Eric, I'd forgotten about the wide strap (usually only needed on Bacchetta Recurve seats).

I thought the Vendetta seat was more accomodating of these bags regardless of the headrest as there is less obstruction begind the seat than on a Silvio.

mickjordan

Corrected and seat thoughts

I stand well corrected. I made that statement based on a memory of some pictures where it looked like the bag was well over the seat.

Cruzbike definitely win the ergonomic seat design for me. Mostly flat as our backs are supposed to be. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get along with the Bacchetta seat, which is like a banana. In fact I'm not sure about these super laid back bents at all. I'm also going to test ride a P38 Lightning at some point which has a very upright seat. I'm all about long distance comfort not speed.

Mick