Can I get this in a bike helmet

super slim

Zen MBB Master
But Ratz, he will be going around in the same Unknown Test Track circle, so does not need to see behind him, as he will be there in 400 M, and does not need directions for the next turn, as he can always see where he is going as he was just left there!!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I was thinking for the drive over so he knows when to pull over a go back to pickup bikes.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I would HOPE that he would have learnt a lesson to TIE down his bikes after his Vendetta went flying without him!!

BUT this is a man who repeatably FALLS off his bike ?? times in one season!
At least by the end of the season it was mainly AFTER the race, when he lost control of his legs which would cramp up in protest of a World Record!
Did he have 5 people at the finish line to unclip him, lift him off the bike, and one to hold the bike????!!!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
BUT this is a man who repeatably FALLS off his bike ?? times in one season!
At least by the end of the season it was mainly AFTER the race, when he lost control of his legs which would cramp up in protest of a World Record!
Did he have 5 people at the finish line to unclip him, lift him off the bike, and one to hold the bike????!!!

Yes, that was true - thank goodness - or I am sure someone would have played "Another One Bites the Dust" in my honor.
I guess you gotta be known for something. :)
Like Jon said in another post: I may be know as "George of the Jungle: now...

My latest after riding with Kurt (Tarzan) Searvogel.
I guess I just had to get in "one" more fall before the end of the year to make it an even 1/2 dozen! :)
It sure doesn't even look like much right there.
It felt quite a bit larger when I was scrubbing it and wiping it with those antiseptic wipes - that is for sure!
(It actually did grow substantially after the cleaning. I just bandaged it up again and I "wish" the surface area was a small as what I see below!)

Here's to NO crashes in 2016. 1 day and counting so far! :)
Larry Road Rash 20151229.jpg

LarryOz

ny bike damage?
Thanks!
I bent my FD a little and some scuffs on my Carbon rims. But I think the V is fine to ride again!
Probably will not do much here in the mountains of NC anytime soon however - It its not "cold" it's raining! :)
Take Care and Happy New Year!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Dear
"George of the Jungle", as an expert on falling 6 times off your bike in one season, what do you carry in your first aid kit, including the size and type of bandages, OR is there a Fully stocked Ambulance on call when people know that you are riding??

2015-12-18 08.46.42.jpg 2015-12-18 09.57.01.jpg 2015-12-20 12.49.38.jpg 2015-12-21 09.09.02.jpg

The reason I am asking is that I had my first fall that required stitches (9), since a trail bike accident in 1973!!! That's a LONG time between visits to a hospital!!!

I hit a groove between a seat concrete slab and the rough concrete pavers of a bike-way, that kicked my front wheel, creating speed wobbles, and the front slipped out under me, all in 0.5 secs.
My right knee hit the ground at 20 kph (13 mph) and I stopped instantly, but smashed a bone growth+ MANY scar tissues from previous injuries, which are always on the right, (BIG lump) under my right knee, so my air bag has been destroyed!!!

My bike is OK as the 550 mm wide WTB handle bars, stopped the derailleur hitting the ground and the only damage was the $5 Ring, ring bell!

The good news is that after the perfectly straight stitching FINE scar disappears, I will be able to be knee model with a face lifted knee!
There was a lot of bone fragments in the wound area, but no tendon or cartilage damage!

My Ortlieb first aid kit, that I have carried everywhere for the past 4 years, was woefully inadequate, as its antiseptic wipes had dried out, and the bandages for only for scratches, not grazes! I had added a spay can of skin, but it could not stop the bleeding, so I had to ride 10 km to home with a red right leg!!!

I will get the stitches out this Monday, and hopefully NOT have my right leg in a splint, to limit the knee movement and the movement of the tightened skin in the stitch area.

The only other accident above 5 kph (in gravel), was also at 20 kph, 18 months ago when I was adjusting the rear air bag suspension on the Silvio, going over a 100*50 mm (4"*2") length of soft wood, and I hit the rear brakes, forgetting that our road had just been Hot Mixed, as an upgrade from very grippy chip seal, with the wood moving and the rear wheel dropping like me and a stone, which resulted in a destroyed pair of shorts and a big burn/graze on my right hip!

Does the 27 or 21 degree seat back mean that when falling with either the front or rear wheel slipping out, you land on your hip?
Has anyone fallen off a 45 and 27/21 degree seat backed bike and noticed different landing zones?

LarryOz

"George of the Jungle", as an expert on falling 6 times off your bike in one season, what do you carry in your first aid kit, including the size and type of bandages,
I carry a large pail of "silvaderm" - this is used for burn treatment, and helps heal road rash (which is really a burn) about 3x faster - no scab (will need a prescription)
Anti-sceptic wipes - buy at Wal-mart
Duodurm pads: (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PQ735Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage, or http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PQAR4S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00)
3"x8" non-stick pads - get these at wal-mart
Hpyafix - these attach the duoderm pads to your skin are are very water repellent (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LRCW9Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00)
Skin prep dressing wipes - First you shave your skin and clean and dry where the tape will touch you, then you wipes these on and let dry before you put on the the Hypa-fix. That way you won't loose your skin when pulling off the Hypa-Fix

I just keep all the about in a shoe-box, and drag it behind the bike for extra drag (only when training of course).
Seriously - I don't carry anything with me while riding (and probably should). I just have it in my car for when I get back.

Does the 27 or 21 degree seat back mean that when falling with either the front or rear wheel slipping out, you land on your hip?
Yes, that is my experience. Since falling quite a bit, I seem to have perfected it in that I appear to have learned to "pull" myself up on the bike rather quickly after it skids down.
This last time down, my scrapes where significantly smaller than my first time.
There does not appear to be any real time to decide which side to fall one.
Most of my times have been on a track (very slightly banked), or no banking but always riding CCW, so leaning ever so slightly to the left - so I always fell on my left side.
This last time I was riding straight down the road, and I think I just went down on my right because I was probably pushing with my right leg when the rim touched the ground.

Hope all this helps!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I carry a large pail of "silvaderm" - this is used for burn treatment, and helps heal road rash (which is really a burn) about 3x faster - no scab (will need a prescription)
No prescription is required if you are an animal!!! I have been called a dog and a horse at the same time, as a compliment!!!!!!!
If I use the vet Silvaderm, will i grow more hair?

Larry, thanks for the info, and I will update my bike first aid kit!!