carbon seat for a vendetta 1.5?

hamishbarker

Does anyone have access to a vendetta 1.5 frame and a new vendetta or silvio carbon seat?

I'm interested too find out how close a fit the new carbon seat would be on my vendetta 1.5 as the weight savings would be about 750grams.

I dont mind if i have to shim it with foam or filler, or some carefully sculpted wood at the seat pan end, but just wonder how closely the curve of the frame would fit the upper part, and perhaps the seat pan might need notching, whatever.

If it's hopeless to use the new carbon cruzbike seat, I may try to mould a carbon seat using my existing aluminum one, but that would be a backburner project way below other household priorities so will probably never get done.

Apollo

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the attachment points for the seat of the V1.5 and newer frames different? The recent Vendetta frames have small wings that help spread the weight. If so, then to use the carbon seat from either a 2.0 or V20 will require some modification but its support won't be the same. Custom route might be your best option.

hamishbarker

thanks, yes robert already gave me a heads up. One plus side of the aluminium seat is that I'm totally happy to drill a hole here or there when necessary. I have a few bungee loops along the seat back providing secure and nearly weightless solution to hold rolled clothing and pump.