CBSV118 arrived today.

BobD

I have read many desriptions of the beautiful workmanship on the Silvio, but it didn't prepare me for what arrived today. The Cruzbike Team has done an exrtraordinary job at creating and efficiently shipping a a true piece of art halfway around the world. My new Silvio left Taiwan on December 21st, and was available for pickup today at my Post Office today.

And, although I had seen the posted pics of the box I had somehow thought I needed my wife's larger SUV to pick up the package. Again, an amazing job at fitting all of the parts into a small and well packed box that could fit on the passenger seat of my Prius.

After taking a close look at all of the parts, reviewing the directions again, and re-reading some building archives I'll start building tomorrow. Of course, I cannot wait to ride this beauty.

Am psyched!
Have a nice weekend all.
Bob

kenhardwick

Silvio Assembly

Bob,
Congrads on your new Silvio. I know you will really enjoy.

After first setting out all my Silvio frame parts, it looked pretty overwhelming.
But, the assembly went pretty smooth for me. I just assembled my frame and had LBS install all the components.
The part I had the most trouble with was attaching the seat. The holes in the seat didn't quite line up with the holes in the frame.
And, had to re-tap one set of threads.

Good luck and have a great time assembling your Silvio this weekend.

If you need any close-up pictures of specfic areas, just let me know.

BobD

Ken....
It is all really

Ken....
It is all really exciting and it does look a tad overwelming this morning as well. I have all of the parts spread out over our dining room table.....a warmer shop to work in this time of the year in New England where my dog Molly can keep me company as well.

I appreciate your offer of pics....and may touch base this weekend.
Thanks Ken!
Bob

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Koda helped me assembly the

Koda helped me assembly the Quest:

image(13).jpg

-Eric

BobD

My building partner Molly.....

IMG_0942%20-%20Version%203.jpg ; height: 220px;

Great pics there guys!
Can Coca Puff adjust the "B screw" on your FD too?

kenhardwick

Cocoa Puff

Bob...she only supervises...I have to do all the real work..

Charles...
Cocoa Puff is a Chihuahua. She was only about 6-8 weeks old in that picture. Her standing on the laptop is one my favorite pictures of her.
She is 7 years old now.
CocoaPuff20120410A.jpg width: 666px; height: 918px;

BobD

Hi again Ken....
Yup....Molly

Hi again Ken....
Yup....Molly and I just reviewed all of the directions and walked through the build before we begin tomorrow. After we complete the bike.....am sure she will have more than one 'tail' to tell!

BobD

We built the frame yesterday....

Molly and I built the Silvio frame yesterday.......a wonderful time amidst a New England snow storm.

I was initially very apprehensive about building this frame......however all went VERY smoothly. I found the Assembly Directions and other Silvio tech downloads to be excellent. Of course it was helpful to have reviewed Forum Silvio-build posts and have an assistant:

DSC_0770.jpg  width: 267px;

The quality of the Silvio frame is excellent. The weld seams are beautifully done. The design is brilliant in terms of the building process along with the final product as we all know. I have collected many components from my prior bents, and picked up a few new ones as needed. The final build will include:

• Shimano 9 spd triple 105 crankset (from my LWB); have picked up some used Q rings (52/39), and will use a 26 ring that I have; will likely ask my LBS buddy to install ceramic bearings in the BB like I used with my LWB

• Shimano 105 braze-on FD

• Shimano 11-34 cassette (from my LWB)

• Shimano XT RD (from my LWB)

• Shimano 105 brifters (found on eBay)

• Shimano 105 brakes

• Wheels: Aeroheat rims with Dura Ace hubs; found at peterwhitecycles.com (a great resource btw)

• 28mm Continental Ultra Gator tires

• Dinotte Lights ( have used these for years....are excellent: www.dinottelighting.com )

• Radical Design bag

• likely a Toxy chain guard (http://www.toxy.de)
I plan to have the bike ready for the road by the end of next weekend. Hopefully, the icy roads will be gone. If not, I'll use the trainer.
Meanwhile....it nice to have a piece of art sitting in our dining room!

DSC_0791.jpg width: 237px;