Century

Jeremy S

Dude
Forgive me for tooting my own horn, but I wasn't sure I'd ever reach this milestone. My Silvio carried me through a 102 mile ride today, for my first ever century. I merged together two familiar routes to make one megaroute: starting from eastern Massachusetts, northwest over the border into New Hampshire, back down to Massachusetts and westward, then home. Weather was nice if a bit chilly (50's to low 60's) and I felt great at the end.

map.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Way to go Jeremy!!!

It is a great milestone!
First of many I am sure!

1happyreader

zen/child method
Awesummmm

Jeremy,,

So cool,,, and two states tooo . lol

Century rider,,, has a nice ring to it.

congrats.

mzweili

Guru
congrats

great achievement!
I'm still far from that, road only 650 miles this season.
Many rainy days here, but no excuse, I could have done more.
Season is not finished yet, so I hope to add some more miles before it gets too cold.

Jim Parker

Cruzbike, Inc. Director
Staff member
Congratulations

Well done.
It was only about 6 years ago that Maria or I rode our first Century.

Jim

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ba Boom

Excellent accomplishment. There's nothing like your first century,
Next up a double metric.... don't forget a recovery ride tomorrow.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Way to go Jeremy!
Be careful,

Way to go Jeremy!

Be careful, it gets addictive. Next thing you know you'll be down at Bike Sebring in February.

wink_smile.gif

-Eric

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
what a great idea Eric!

We should try and get a big as group as we can for that event.
It would be so cool to have a dozen or so Cruzbikes there! We could have our own Cruzbike peleton!
I am planning on going - thinking of doing the century myself, but maybe 12 hour - not sure right now.
It would be really cool to actually be able to meet these people we converse with on the forum all the time!
I'll bet Jim and Maria, and probably Charlie O. will be there too.
If anyone would like to go, and needs a half-way point to stop at and spend the night - I like near Asheville, NC - just let me know
websete: http://www.bikesebring.org/
dates: Feb 14-15th
events: 12 hr, 24 hr (both drafting and solo), and century (drafting and solo) - something for everyone!
flat course - it's bound to be warmer there than where most of us live (except for Rick maybe!)

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Great milestone,

Great milestone, congratulations Jeremy! I did my first just this year about 2 months ago on the Silvio. It feels great to get that first 100 miles under your belt.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
...and yes!!
Bob - Next up a

...and yes!!
Bob - Next up a double metric.... don't forget a recovery ride tomorrow.

I didn't, and paid the price with a few over worked and stretched muscles. It took me over a month to get back where I left off...then I went after and got my first double metric, yeah!!

Tuloose

Guru
Good going Jeremy!
I have yet

Good going Jeremy!
I have yet to do a century on my Silvio.
This Wed our group is riding out to the Rogue Ale's Hopyard near Independence, OR - about 70 miles round trip.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Way to go!

What is this thing called "recovery".
Wished I'd known about recovery rides years ago - do it.

And Larry, your place is "halfway"? To Sebring?
for whom? :)

Rick and I could ride for 9 days straight at Maria's RAAM 2013 pace and maybe make it to your halfway point! :)

Sincerely appreciate the offer tho!

currystomper

Well Done, I didn't make it this year.

Well done all who have done there first Century this year!!

The Century was one of my goals this year. I didn't make it and now it is the winter here in Scotland, so its going to have to be next year. My best was 85miles in a day, it was hilly though, it had a 1000 meters of climb ( 1Km sounds better!!).

So its back to the turbo and maybe RPM classes to cling on to some fitness over the winter.

Did Maria only do her first Century 6 years ago! so only a few years from then until the RAM - Wow.

CS

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Could any Cruzbike rider

Could any Cruzbike rider living in a flat area, AND fit beat this 345 km ride to create a larger bicycle outline BUT in the CRUZBIKE Silvio outline.

www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/rider-creates-massive-bike-strava-138881

SS