Chainstay length, BB height

Does anyone know how the V20's chainstay length compares to the S30's with the 150 mm extension as they affect the bottom bracket height (relative to the seat pan)?

jond

Zen MBB Master
that would depend entirely on your leg inseam torso reach etc and adjustment to suit. eg i have a large vendetta v2.2 frameset and my boom is virtually horizontal at almost maximal boom inward to slider adjustment. dont think i am out of proportion eg short legs long body etc. i am six feet one inch tall. someone with longer legs would have the boom and thus BB at a lower angle and height respectively. i cannot comment about the silvio. this adjustment puts my feet and knees at eyeline.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Elliot,

The S30 with a 150mm extension puts the BB very high and closes the hip angle quite a bit. It puts in a few higher inches than the V20 BB "on average" depending on x-seam, etc.

Im my experience a higher BB on a S30 or a V20 does not always equal more speed or power, and there are a lot of individual factors.

Thank you for the response. It's a thank you for the response. The relationship of bottom bracket height and body position to power production and aerodynamics is complicated.

Last edited:

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
The relationship of bottom bracket height and body position to power production in aerodynamics is complicated
and not to mention an individuals height is a factor. A person with a very long inseam will rotate the BB down, so he may need a long extension to compensate. To where a short person like LarryO at 4'6" ( :D:D ) with an extension will put the handles below his lap (ouch :eek:).

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
and not to mention an individuals height is a factor. A person with a very long inseam will rotate the BB down, so he may need a long extension to compensate. To where a short person like LarryO at 4'6" ( :D:D ) with an extension will put the handles below his lap (ouch :eek:).

Underseat steering! I like it! :p:p

That's why I asked for a comparison of S30+150mm versus V20.