Change crank length

JimA

After a year of riding, I'm interested in changing the crank length on my Q559. I've run a search but couldn't find anything. I'm looking at longer crank arms (I've not had a problem spinning longer arms on my Giro).

I understand that the crank is a standard square taper. Is the bolt pattern standard also? I'd like to do business with the LBS who have not heard of Cruzbike.

Appreciate any insight or recommendations of manufacturers/models etc is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Hi Jim,

Yes the Bottom Bracket that ships with the bike is Square Taper so any compatible arms will work. You can also change out the BB to anything that is BSA68 threaded. On one quest I've pulled the Square Taper and replaced it with GXP and it works fine.

JimA

Bob,

Thanks for the response.

So if I tell the lbs that I need a two chainring crank set (with the crank length I'd like) for a square taper BB, I can then install that and replace the two chainrings with the elliptical ring and chain guard from the Q crankset?

Jim

1happyreader

zen/child method
Bob,

Thanks for the response.

So if I tell the lbs that I need a two chainring crank set (with the crank length I'd like) for a square taper BB, I can then install that and replace the two chainrings with the elliptical ring and chain guard from the Q crankset?

Jim
The LBS will ask for the BCD (bolt circle diameter) or if its a compact or standard ? crankset.
Last I heard the Quest used a compact or 110 bcd crankset.
You can check using a ruler. BCD measure http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html
Later,,,,, bye

JimA

Tim,

Thanks for the reply. I thought there was a little more to it. I measured and have 110mm BCD.