Colorburst Tour

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
I rode the Colorburst Tour 100-mile route today. I was already registered and had paid my money. The forecast was for rain and temps in the thirties, so I was not planning to ride as of yesterday. Then I woke up this morning and found the forecast had changed to no rain. So I packed my crap in a bag, said goodbye to my wife, stuffed my bike in the car and took off. I got to the registration table with no time to spare before it closed. I picked up a couple of maps, got my bike and clothes ready, and took off. I have to say, the roads were very nice as far as Michigan roads go. The roads were actually delightful. I started at 10:15 AM, so most riders had gone ahead already. The route is made of multiple loops, so combining loops make up multiple routes with varying distances. So I did the first loop and then did the century add-0n and only saw four riders on the whole loop. It was a lonely ride. But the worst part was that the sun was out sometimes and then was behind the clouds other times. The sun felt nice and warm when it was out. But the air only warmed up to 45 degrees F, so when the sun went away, it was cold, cold, cold. I knew I didn't dare stop for more than a few minutes at any rest stop or I would freeze. And there was a strong, cold wind coming out of the NW. I fought that wind for a good portion of the ride. Then I got snowed on five times on the hundred mile add-on loop. All in all, it was a cold, snowy, windy, sunny, cloudy, lonely ride with some really nice roads. Not a bad way to end the season. This is the last big event for the season. Then it's a few weekly rides and back to the basement for winter training. This season went by way too fast. It was just April. This was my most enjoyable season ever because of my Vendetta. And guess what. My butt doesn't hurt. I would bet nobody else that rode today can say that.

twhbent

Sad to see your riding season come to a close. Always enjoyed and looked forward to your ride reports. As with Larry your both warriors.
Thanks for the reports and looking forward to next years reports. Happy winter indoor riding.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Greg Report Joe - looking forward to more of your adventures next year. I'm hoping (as I am sure most are too), that you get a VIRB or Go-Pro mounted to your bike so we can "ride with you" on some of those awesome group-A smashing rides you do

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Greg Report Joe - looking forward to more of your adventures next year. I'm hoping (as I am sure most are too), that you get a VIRB or Go-Pro mounted to your bike so we can "ride with you" on some of those awesome group-A smashing rides you do
Larry, I have a VIRB and posted some videos on this forum. You are so fast, you probably missed them! ;) Next season, I'd like to meet you guys over at that human powered event on the east side of Michigan if the timing works out. I hope you'll be there. And get yourself ready for the N24HC In Middleville in June of 2016 because you, Kevin, and I are going to be the Pain Train now that we'll be categorized by age group only, not by type of bike. And if we get lucky, maybe a couple of the new guys will join us. My problem is getting someone to crew.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Next season, I'd like to meet you guys over at that human powered event on the east side of Michigan if the timing works out. I hope you'll be there.
That would be great - I have it pencil'd in already - even more-so the IHPVA race in Northbrook - love that track - so smooth

And get yourself ready for the N24HC In Middleville in June of 2016 because you, Kevin, and I are going to be the Pain Train now that we'll be categorized by age group only, not by type of bike.
I wouldn't mind getting "up" for this "ride", but I just don't know if I can stomach the way they do the timing with the "punch" cards and all. From the sounds of it, it is horribly disruptive to the flow and costs a lot of time (per Kevin Gambill), who says it is a lot worse for recumbents because of having to actually stop for each loop and wait in line. I really hope they change it.

And if we get lucky, maybe a couple of the new guys will join us
Jason (RojoRacing) - would probably fill that that ticket! Although he lives on the other side of the country! We'll see how well he likes the Vendetta after he rides the 24 hour "World Champsionship" in November. I'm sure he will kick butt in it and win the whole thing based on his past performances in other venues.

There are lots of cool events I would love to see a great Cruzbike turnout next year!

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
I wouldn't mind getting "up" for this "ride", but I just don't know if I can stomach the way they do the timing with the "punch" cards and all. From the sounds of it, it is horribly disruptive to the flow and costs a lot of time (per Kevin Gambill), who says it is a lot worse for recumbents because of having to actually stop for each loop and wait in line. I really hope they change it.
I found that I didn't have to wait very much since they were very quick at the stops. I also found that it gave me a chance to pull my feet off of the pedals every so often, which is a good thing when riding that many hours.

jond

Zen MBB Master
well done joseph. i have enjoyed very much your ride reports. like the tribe i derive so much inspiration and joy from everyone's antics. so a big thankyou for sharing and long may your butt not hurt. it will be a great 2016 for cruzbike with so many good people riding these bikes. lets ride.