Coming out- New Silvio Build

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Yep that's what happen to me too.

Hi Dave,

Your 150mm extension seems to have done what my 100mm did. It' gets the boom up to the desired higher bb height and gets the arms down; but that also moves the handle bars back closer to the body which causes the arm bend. There are a couple of things I tried that you can repeat.

1) Make the total boom shorter; then slide the whole assembly forward in the pivot clamp. You don't need much leverage to control the steering as the legs do a lot of the work; and small steering input is better than big. If the steam clamp is over the "I" in the silvio logo you will still have enough leverage. In your photo that looks to pickup up six inches.

2) Get the 100mm extension instead of the 150mm; the will drop the bb and push the bars up and forward; which will lengthen the reach and straighten the arms. At first I wasn't sure about the lower BB position because of my previous Bent experience, but I was wrong gotta trust John's design. I actually like it now that I have it on the road. I know the 100mm extensions were out of stock for a while; mine is unused so if you want to try it; email bob (at) mylifeinrecline.com. I'm having a 50mm one made to try and won't use the 100mm one.

3) Combine 1 & 2.

4) Consider the Cruzbike Bullhorns. At you height the will probably be a good size, for me they just seemed like they be too high up with the extension removed.