Component Option

3WHELZ

Guru
Has any one considered the use of the SRAM WiFLi for a rear to cassette to compensate for SRAM's lack a road triple crankset? I currently have all Campy components with the Comp-triple crankset on my 1.0. I find the need for the smaller chainring on some of the larger ascents. I am weighing the options should I decided to purchase a 2.0.

Thanks

Drew

I just ordered the Wifli RD

I just ordered the Wifli RD with an 11-32 cassette and the gear range comparable to a triple. Im going to run a 52/36 chainring with 172.5 cranks

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I have a Campy Triple too...

...and so far, I have never used the granny gear. I prefer doubles to triples anyway and the WiFli system has a definite appeal to me in that regard. The only downside I can see is the compact crankset; I need a 53 x 11 combination at times to keep from spinning out.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I belive Eric used a long

I belive Eric used a long cage MTB rear derailleur on his Vendetta so he could get an 11/36 on it. There's no reason WiFLi wouldn't work

That being said, I think you guys are all nuts for not putting on triples. Either the hills in my area (or my aero-belly) is bigger than what you guys have... :D

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
No, I used a SRAM X9 TYPE 2

No, I used a SRAM X9 TYPE 2 mid cage which can accommodate my 11-36. The WiFLi only handles up to 32T.

My X9 TYPE 2 also uses a roller bearing clutch which does indeed seem to smooth out derailleur bounce and chain slap as advertised. I was definitely putting it through its paces at the HPV races.

I also like the cage lock feature. It is just a spring loaded pin that holds the cage in the open position after you've moved it there by hand. Makes getting the wheel on and off MUCH easier.

I'm running 53/39 front and can spin it out in some cases. So far I'm really liking the 53/39 and 11-36 combo but still haven't hit very long hill durations. May have to take a road trip to Prescott one of these days and try and keep up with Dan :)

-Eric

thebean

What is the WiFli??!  And the

What is the WiFli??! And the two wheel sizes are interchangeable on the Quest?