Conversion for sale (new zealand, but coming to Australia in September, or shipping anywhere)

hamishbarker

My vendetta is set up the way I like it and I'm used to it now, and I'm not commuting 23km each way (rain or shine - love the fairing even if it gets odd looks!) any more, so I don't need this conversion bike any more and it's for sale. Located in Nelson, New Zealand.

With the big windwrap fairing and full length fenders front and rear, this is a super bike for wet weather riding. I could do my 23km commute in pouring rain and not need rainpaints, just a jacket, arriving with dry feet and a clean drivetrain!). I have been pleasantly surprised to find that the fairing was no problem handling wise even in gusty crosswinds.

Summary of the fit out: old but very high quality (mostly shimano xtr, couple of xt bits) components, a clunker of a donor frame, decent wheels.

conversion-bike(1).JPG

Price is 600 NZ Dollars including the fairing. 480 NZD without the fairing.

I'm willing ship it to anywhere at buyers expense. Quotation for shipping to New Zealand north Island is 140 NZD. South island should be less I expect. Other destinations would be quite expensive (it's not a light frame, whole bike with fairing is 19kg, but if the buyer is keen I'm willing. I will be travelling to Melbourne, Australia in late september and could possibly bring it with me then but I would need to check what the cost of that is as I will already have a full load of luggage so it would be at cost for qantas bike transport, whatever that is).

Features:
- cruzbike conversion kit (plus both wheels ARE quick release as I replaced the standard cruzbike bolt axle which normally goes in the (old) front (now rear!) wheel with a 135mm quick release.
- donor frame as per the photo (bit of a clunker weight wise, but the geometry is good.)
- windwrap gx fairing, note that the front mounting is a bit different from the photo (still wood, but improved. quite solid mounting, doesn't rattle . (in addition to great weather protection, the fairing improves CdA by about 12% according to my powertap measurements and "chung method" calculations, note that the powertap wheel is NOT included, see below for wheels details)
- rather old but very nice shimano xtr v-brakes,
- 3x8 drivetrain. I think the chainrings are 46-36-24, on the cluster I can't remember the sprocket count, I think that the biggest is 30 or 32. (I can just make it up the killer steep street up to my house, horrible finish to the commute that it is, any lower gearing isn't useful as traction is already on the limit on that steepness and lowest gear.)
- xtr shifters,
- xt derailleurs front and rear,
- xtr crankset (note, pedals in the picture not included - I'm short a pair but if required by the buyer, I can include a pair of plain flat pedals)
- I put in a new bottom bracket when I first built up the bike last year
- note front wheel will be different to the one in the picture (that was a powertap hub and velocity rim, which is now removed, instead both wheels are shimano xtr hubs with quick releases front and rear. one minor rim ding which can be felt as slight pulsing during braking of the front (driven) wheel. the rims are running true (not wobbling or rubbing).
- steel kona fork (non suspension)
- rear vision mirror!
- full fenders front and rear (note rear fender is plastic and is worn through in one spot from the backpack occasionally pushing it onto the tire
- can include backpack slung over the seat
- panaracer T-serve tires 26x1.75inch. Nice running and were great for my mixed road/gravel commute. Plenty of tread left on the tires.

hamishbarker

Note, I fitted the seat

Note, I fitted the seat bracket to the top tube with drilled and tapped M6 holes, not the awful looking original cruzbike kit solution of two big radiator hose clamps (hence why they are not there!).

hamishbarker

Price drop

New price is 450 NZ Dollars ($US375) including the fairing. 330 NZD ($US 275) without the fairing.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
price drop

I forwarded your post to a friend of mine who mountain bike raced as a teenager and recently moved to NZ from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Good luck with the sale. If I was within distance I would snap it up but alas, an ocean, equator, continent in between...

Cheers,

Benphyr