Couch to Century in 12 Weeks: Week 12

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Congratulations, and smart move choosing an out-and-back ride.
No shortcuts, no temptations when you get a little tired. And it really teaches you how to pace yourself.

Thanks! True, no choice on out and back but to press on. Pacing is indeed the key.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
15th annual Cyclists Curing Cancer ride today down the beautiful Natchez Trace. Over 350 riders, the largest field to date. Stayed away from pacelines since I wanted to compare to my solo century results from 2 weeks ago. Huge improvement--an entire 0.5mph faster! :p Well hey, 0.5 faster every two weeks and I'll be world champion by next year....the year after at the latest!:cool:

@castlerobber rode the 50....look forward to her usual excellent ride report!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
15th annual Cyclists Curing Cancer ride today down the beautiful Natchez Trace. Over 350 riders, the largest field to date. Stayed away from pacelines since I wanted to compare to my solo century results from 2 weeks ago. Huge improvement--an entire 0.5mph faster! :p Well hey, 0.5 faster every two weeks and I'll be world champion by next year....the year after at the latest!:cool:

@castlerobber rode the 50....look forward to her usual excellent ride report!
If you keep improving at this speed, soon you will finish the race before you start it!!!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
To go faster than the speed of light requires a LOT of power, AND an normally an attached Warp Drive!
Have you found a spare warp drive from the Star Trek "Voyager"??

OR is that what your legs are called now??? Warp Drive Units!!!

LMT

Nice going, 100 miles in six and a half hours is good going if this is your first ton. And don't be too dismissive of what people are saying about PBP, double ton, etc. At one point we all had zero miles on the clock, keep at it.:)

LMT

Just think, some of us on the Vendetta can easily do 200 miles in less than 11 hours on flatter routes. It kind of makes that record seem more within reach when your not talking about 16-18 hr days in the saddle.

Hold fast that man and everyone else!! Amanda Coker is currently smashing it, and I do mean smashing it down in Florida routinely doing 400k+ days, she is up on Searvogels record by 2376 miles and is supported by her Mum and Dad - her story is an amazing one having recovered from an assortment of injuries.

https://www.facebook.com/goamandacoker/