Could the Quest use the V20/S30 boom?

Rampa

Guru
Can the geometry be adjusted enough that the cockpit is not overly tight? The seat would need to lay back all the way, I suppose.

I realize that the fork and chainstays are also quite different, and would need to change as well.

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I'd ask Doug. If anyone has

I'd ask Doug. If anyone has tried it, it's probably him.

If you're looking at trying this and you buy a V20 just to have the front end, I'll buy the main frame off of you. ;-)

Rampa

Guru
Not buying anything yet, sorry!

I was just thinking about the consolidation of frame parts across the line. I know the Quest and Softrider have some commonality, but the Quest has a the "advantage" of not looking like a converted mountain bike. I find it more asthetically pleasing then the Softrider.

More importantly, perhaps, is that the S/V boom is also a much more rigid structure between the cranks and handlebars, which helps get more force to the pedals via core muscles.

Jim gave the best description of this ever given in his last video on the V20. Probably even made it understandable to diamond frame riders!

Psiberzerker

The biggest possible hitch I

The biggest possible hitch I could see is with the earlier versions of the Q1-2, where the head tube was a bit longer to accomodate the telescoping riser. I haven't actually gone over the actual dimensions, much less gone in there with Calipers, nor tried swapping them to troubleshoot clipping issues. However, I'd retract the bars as much as possible into the Superman position, rather than the flying hampster because of the difference in seat angle, if not chop, and polish the inner tiller tube so it can retract further. May affect the X-seam distance, and raise the crank height that far in too.

I wouldn't suggest adding the strut extension to raise the crank, because this also levers down the bars, which would end up even more in your lap. Also, some close parallel H handlebars might be in order so your knees/thighs can clear them to the sides.