Cruzbike Community jersey top

super slim

Zen MBB Master
I have created a new thread so it is easier to see and find later.

Here is what Ratz started
Ok time for Mrs Ratz to design an unofficial CB riding Jersey and on the sleeve or back it's going to say:

Cruzbike:
The Company,
The Tribe,

The Bikes,
you keep.

I'll pay for Lief's Jersy the rest you are on your own

Edited: Cause now it's better :)

Lief replied
I can see a tribal design on one part.
I still lust after just the Z logo on my chest (Zimmerman!)
Love the idea of a "community sourced" jersey.

1. silvio-v1-0-from-rear-jpg.498

The text needs to be across the shoulders, so it can be seen by the DF followers!
    With CRUZBIKE in LARGER letters across top, and down the left sleeve.

The cut of the collar needs to be changed so its flat.
    This cropped photo was taken on a 40C (104C) day just after a hill climb from Merritt to Kamloops, Canada, so the jersey was partially unzipped.

On a V the text would have to be higher as the 21 degree seat angle is a LOT lower than this 45 degree Silvio V1.0.

Could the two only rear (OR front) pockets be wider apart, so it is easier to get the camera out, with its exposed chord (see photo with the chord showing from the right hand side pocket)
    I would be very interested as long as CRUZBIKE was prominent, just like the VITE racing tops!

vite-racing-top-jpg.499

vite-racing-2-jpg.500

super slim, Yesterday at 11:29 PMEditDeleteReport
    #19Reply

2. Abbott SmithWell-Known Member
    Give me a day or two and I can draw up some mock ups.
  1. That would be great!!!

super slim, Yesterday at 11:45 PMEditDeleteReport
    #21Reply

2. super slimWell-Known Member
    Are there any photos taken directly from the rear of a rider on a Silvio V 2.0 onwards OR a Vendetta, as you guys have a headrest in the way!!!

super slim, Today at 12:03 AMEditDeleteReport
    #22Reply

3. ratzWell-Known Member
    The number one factor is "who is" the place your are going to get them made. Each company has a unique template that you have to use illustrator to layout to. If it's not illustrator then you can't resize from w-s up to m-xxl. We've got a couple of template sfor "Get Bent" and "Recumbents do it lying down" those turned our pretty cool. Cruzbike new alternative color scheme is really nice for constructing a Jersey; but we can't use their stuff without permission and final approval. That of course just mean doing it really really good.

The better template shirts are from: Bendit Cycling, and ReverseGear. Bendit's line is racing oriented and Reverse Gear is more leisure oriented. Not sure who Vite is using but emailing John or Jackie Schiltter would certainly get an answer. I'm guessing it was Bendit....

Garage posters are easy to do to; it' not like we don't a lot of good photo's to base art on. Actually have some cool stuff to in that area emerging this fall for cycling in general.

Silvio 2.1 build diary, Summer Cruz the movie, Quest for Ice Cream,
    Night Rider official trailer, Ride with Flare coming this fall,
    Rolling the Rollers and crashing

12 bikes or 1 boat, no contest and that's before you factor in the cost of gas. The 3 laws
    ratz, Today at 12:14 AMReport
    #23LikeReply

4. Abbott SmithWell-Known Member
    Yep. Illustrator template is a must. Involving the company is a must.

What I was thinking was two color schemes. One in yellow/gold, white and black and the other in red, white and black.

This is a very quick first pass of a front pocket bent jersey.

image-jpg.508

Abbott Smith, Today at 12:42 AMReport
    #24LikeReply

5. Cruzbike ChrisActive Member
    Count me in. Let's also put 3000 Miles to a Cure on it and bump the price up for the donation to the cause as we ride for the TEAM!

Endomondo Cruzbike United Team
    Cruzbike Chris, Today at 1:10 AMReport
    #25LikeReply

6. battleaxe0Well-Known Member
    With Cruzbike in large letters across the shoulders, you could get "you too could be riding a" as a sticker for the top of your helmet.

Cruzbike Silvio S30
    Greenspeed Magnum
    RANS Rocket 20/20 ~'98

Join Team Recumbent for NBC2014
    battleaxe0, 33 minutes agoReport
    #26LikeReply

7. super slimWell-Known Member
    Both very good ideas!!
    Especially the 3000 Miles to a Cure!

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Any photos of a sliminess rider on a Silvio 2.0,2.5, S30, Or Vendetta any model, showing the rider and bike in full view!!! from front quarter, side, rear quarter, and full behind.

This is so the text and logos, will be as LARGE and viewable as possible!

jond

Zen MBB Master
count me in. :) would love a jersey with a front pocket. the only vest i could find with front pockets was a wiggle dhb unit. looks fantastic.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Ok just to put some structure on this idea:

Things that make a good Jersey:
1) Style, Fit and Cut variety available in a mixed batch order.
2) Proper fabric you don't want a jersey that has to be washed every ride and still stinks of sweat
3) Minimum order quality and 1 offs if needed
4) Ability to put the design on different style without any crazy setup fees. (yeah computerization)
5) Shipping cost
6) Suppliers participation for charity and or placing their logo on the file works.

So those drive the supplier side and that's easy enough to research out.

Then on the rider side of the equation

1) Designed Style
2) What you want in a jersey;
2a) Pelaton style, Racer style with lots of words and splash; (Vite jersey leans this way)
2b) Rondo style subtle emphasis on 1 or 2 things or a logo (current CB, and 3k miles jersey is in this camp)

So before I bother Jim and Maria with an email asking for permission to provide them some designs to review and potentially approve of, people should vote on what they prefer. I will create a "poll" post with some of the basic questions.

Last edited: