Cruzbike community tips

Hey guys long time lurker on the forum but I have gained so many tips from the cruzbike community often in posts that got derailed from the original point so I have learned to read all posts even if the subject matter does not seem to interest me.
I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to these tips for where new members might find them easy to find.

I will post the tips I can remember sorry if I don't attribute you but I can't remember where I got all these tips.

Storage One of the best storage ideas I came across was to store spare a spare tube, tyre levers etc in the frame it self underneath the seat.
My personal storage to add to that I have my multi tool pump and Quick link pliers (see below) strapped to the frame with a velcro strap.
Commute storage For my commute I use a Ortlieb dry (would totally use the scarab pack except shipping costs to Australia make it cost prohibitive) sack which I clip to the bottom of the frame and velcro the top of the seat. The ortlieb is great because you can feed velcro through the flap on the bottom.
Quick link pliers Why carry quick link pliers pray tell. It makes it so much easier to fix front wheel punctures if you remove the chain and dry and keep the drive train hanger in tact rather than having to put it all back together. This may not be an issue with later models if they have the hanger fixed in place
Headrest mount hydration AKA the quiver
1. Cruzbike cagemount kit (Again love it however shipping to Australia makes it a no go)
2. Minora bottle boss
3. Topeak cagemount
Tubeless Tubeless FTW love my shwalbe ones can't wait for the one pro
Neck rest its not a head rest so it goes lower than you (or I at least) think that way it shouldn't interfere with your helmet retention system.
Helmet One day I will get the giro air attack visor

I am sure I have used many more tips from the guys here love your work by the way. If anybody would like to use this thread to add their own or tips they have picked up please do.

jond

Zen MBB Master
flat tyre front :use a type 2 sram rear mech with cage lock makes it easier. use wax based lubes if getting your hands dirty is a problem. sweaty knicks should always be black so no prob washing your hands. just watch what you put finger prints on.......

commuting tyres: tannus solids. i would not hesitate for a flat free reliable regular wild coloured commute.

storage day trips cheap: see ratz's excellent topeak bag solution with topeak cage mounts isolated by old inner tube.

sun protection: netti uv arms and leggings work well. face protection use da brim 100mm. sunrunner cap outdoor research.

sweaty face: halo sweat band works better for me than say the sweat gutr.

body odour: be proud.

sore backside: get a cruzbike.

chafing at back of neck: recover the existing headrest cover with an arm warmer doing double duty.

helmet : giro air attack shield me too i want one and they are now available with certification for australian use baz.

importing : baz we need a cruzbike parts mule ha ha. i took a look at brainbox etc and nearly fell over to discover the shipping costs were over 1.5 times the price of the bag......... why why why???. is it so far to downunda the spiritual home of cruzbike. every cruzbiker should come to cruzbike mecca once in their lives with a gift or two at american prices.......perhaps if we get larry to ride around his secret training facility we may have him drill the hole to down unda . baz buy everything now before the new importation of gst applies to $1000 and less. give thanks to wiggle and chainreaction regularly.

tips : just punch a word in the search box and hello great free informed information on great bikes from a great community and company. (that gets me a 10% discount regularly)

bikes : buy another cruzbike. i would like a silvio s30 am waiting on the 2016 vendetta too. (now 20% discount)

dreaming : dare to dream big. (see above)

ride: often with a smile.

enjoy: this is your way of skinning the cat . your journey. your smart bike. have fun .

cats: yet to master a cruzbike but i love cats and dogs so no skinning going on ok.