Cruzbike drop bars wanted

Maverick

Would anyone like to sell their drop bars or advise an alternative? My Vendetta 1.5 came with an unusual setup and at this point I don't need further complications as I am trying to learn the craft!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Would anyone like to sell their drop bars or advise an alternative? My Vendetta 1.5 came with an unusual setup and at this point I don't need further complications as I am trying to learn the craft!

Depends on your body size. I have the several of the stock bars that come with the 2.0 forward. If you are normal to big those are good. If you are smaller you might want to source something a like a Midge On-One or a Salsa Woodchipper II. For the 1.5 I'd be getting the Salsa. Note you will have to cut off the ends for the salsa's as the drops are way to long; but that's trivial with a $8 pipe cutter from the local hardware store.

Maverick

Depends on your body size. I have the several of the stock bars that come with the 2.0 forward. If you are normal to big those are good. If you are smaller you might want to source something a like a Midge On-One or a Salsa Woodchipper II. For the 1.5 I'd be getting the Salsa. Note you will have to cut off the ends for the salsa's as the drops are way to long; but that's trivial with a $8 pipe cutter from the local hardware store.

Thanks. It's a 1.5 I am 72kg and 5' 11" - normal(maybe!). I will go with your advice which I guess is about more leverage for that model?

ratz

At 5'11" you might find the old stock bars a bit wide; the Salsa is narrower after being cut and points the brifters forward. There is a new CB handlebar in the works and it follows the Salsa geometry sans the need to cut them but not something you can order just yet. I'm 5'9" on a good day and I prefer the On-one, but they are a lot more expensive depending on where you live because the only real source for those is the UK.

Maverick

Thanks Ratz. Just wanted to also say thanks for your build advice - superb! I'm in UK so the on ones are cheap compared to Salsa. Currently on offer for £20! Salsa are £80 and out of stock.. Happy to arrange 'cultural exchange' if ever you need it.

ratz

Thanks Ratz. Just wanted to also say thanks for your build advice - superb! I'm in UK so the on ones are cheap compared to Salsa. Currently on offer for £20! Salsa are £80 and out of stock.. Happy to arrange 'cultural exchange' if ever you need it.

Bingo; get the on-ones you'll like them at 5'11" The Glossy black looks good on the 1.5 ; or get a color to match your cabling and bar tape preferences....