Cycle North Carolina Sept 26 - Oct 3

BentAero

Though I have a very long way to go (literally and figuratively) before I'm once again capable of a ride of this level, a person has to have goals. My recovery goal this year is Cycle North Carolina.

Having ridden 3 prior CNC's, I know what a great ride and good time it is. The route is different every year, but the theme is always the same; "Mountains to the Coast."

This year CNC starts in nearby Waynesville and immediately will let riders know why 'mountains' is in the theme. The first overnight is just down the street from where I work in Hendersonville -and there's only one way for cyclists to get from Waynesville to Hendersonville: up and over the Blue Ridge Parkway. Eat your Wheaties on day one.

Subsequent overnight stops are in Shelby, Concord, Southern Pines, Lumberton, Whiteville, with the route ending at the beach in Oak Island. If you know your Cruzbike trivia, you'll know why Lumberton is a significant stop for CB owners.

Larry Oz and I have been talking about this ride for a while, and as of today we plan to do it. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Larry has already signed up. Anyway, that's my goal. Come and join us!

www.cyclenorthcarolina.org

EDIT: Apparently the full CNC website is not yet live as of today. In the meantime, little bit of info is available here: http://cnc.ncsports.org/index.cfm and here: http://cnc.ncsports.org/news/newsDetail.cfm?newsID=59

Here's a shot from a couple years ago while out on one of the other two-wheelers, taken from where Hwy 276 (The CNC route on day 1) crosses the Blue Ridge Parkway. Yes, that's the same Cold Mountain they made the Jude Law / Nicole Kidman civil war movie about.
f3024a64-9003-4f3b-99f1-645c87f4f980_zps2da05d01.jpg

Last edited:

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Yeah - wish it wasn't so expensive to fly with a bike these days, or definitely would bring mine on my next visit out West.
One good thing to looking forward to retirement - Just ride around the country and meet everyone from the forum!
Of course, when will that EVER happen! o_O

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Huh. If only Cruzbike made a bike that fit in a single suitcase...
Thanks Charles, but I believe it would - plus be "really" bumppy.
If you want to come and ride with us, I have an "spare" Vendetta you are more than welcome to use!

Though I have a very long way to go (literally and figuratively) before I'm once again capable of a ride of this level, a person has to have goals. My recovery goal this year is Cycle North Carolina.

Having ridden 3 prior CNC's, I know what a great ride and good time it is. The route is different every year, but the theme is always the same; "Mountains to the Coast."

This year CNC starts in nearby Waynesville and immediately will let riders know why 'mountains' is in the theme. The first overnight is just down the street from where I work in Hendersonville -and there's only one way for cyclists to get from Waynesville to Hendersonville: up and over the Blue Ridge Parkway. Eat your Wheaties on day one.

Subsequent overnight stops are in Shelby, Concord, Southern Pines, Lumberton, Whiteville, with the route ending at the beach in Oak Island. If you know your Cruzbike trivia, you'll know why Lumberton is a significant stop for CB owners.

Larry Oz and I have been talking about this ride for a while, and as of today we plan to do it. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Larry has already signed up. Anyway, that's my goal. Come and join us!

www.cyclenorthcarolina.org

EDIT: Apparently the full CNC website is not yet live as of today. In the meantime, little bit of info is available here: http://cnc.ncsports.org/index.cfm and here: http://cnc.ncsports.org/news/newsDetail.cfm?newsID=59

Here's a shot from a couple years ago while out on one of the other two-wheelers, taken from where Hwy 276 (The CNC route on day 1) crosses the Blue Ridge Parkway. Yes, that's the same Cold Mountain they made the Jude Law / Nicole Kidman civil war movie about.
f3024a64-9003-4f3b-99f1-645c87f4f980_zps2da05d01.jpg

Isn't it cheating to use a motorcycle? :)

I'll put that one on the bucket list - it looks awesome. It's the week before the MS150 so I can't do it this year.