cyclecomputer

bikette

As the new owner of a Silvio I would like to know what kind of a cyclecomputer other Silvio owners use.
I have one with wired transmission but on the Silvio it means quite a length of wire .
Is a wireless one more suitable ?

JonB

Zen MBB Master
I have a Garmin edge 705? cycle computer with GPS and cadence and heart beat. I love it.

Drew

The Garmin 705 has a lot of features that many people don't want or need but I think it is a great piece of kit. The cadence/ speed sensor is wireless and can be mounted in seconds (photo below). My favorite feature is the ability to upload a detailed record of each ride onto your PC or online at Garmin Connect. This is a great tool if you want to track your training and performance.

I have just fitted a wired VDO 12.6 to my Silvio, with the sensor on the left side of the front fork, and the wire coiled around the left brake cable as on a conventional bike.

It does normal cyclecomputer functions and has a heart rate monitor that is Polar-compatible at the receiver end. The unit is described at:

http://www.vdocyclecomputer.com/en/produkte/pulsmessung/hc126/funktionen/

I had a wireless Sigma BC 1606L DTS wireless + cadence on an flat-bar road bike and the cadence function just depressed me when I saw I couldn't spin like Lance ;)

My iPhone, with the iMapMyRide App and the even better thebikecomputer / EveryTrail App have been a bit of fun in the past, allowing you to upload the ride and get a Google Map with ride profile and the like, but the VDO 12.6 is doing the job at the moment.

The iMapMyRide App link is at:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imapmyride/id292223170?mt=8

The "bikecomputer" App link is at:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-bike-computer/id296643185?mt=8

This App is a cyclocomputer and links to the EveryTrail website. One of my rides to get a bike serviced is at:

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=175314

bikette

Thank you for all your answers about the cyclecomputer and the photos attached to them which give quite a good idea of what can be done .
And also hello to you all Cruzbikers .
Just a few introductory words about myself : My name's Anne and I guess I am the only female French Silvio owner .
I have been riding recumbents for more than six years now,starting with an M5 Eco then I decided on a M5 Titanium City racer which I rode for two years.The bike was really good when going uphill but really lacked stability when going downhill at high speeds .
So a low -racer seemed to be the next good option .And I have had a M5 Tica-low racer for four years now and it is a good bike .
It is very stable at high speeds and I really enjoy myself a lot on it either on long distances or on velodromes.
But the front wheel drive option seemed a good one too.A lot of French home builders are interested in front wheel drive at the moment .And a model is being developped by Zockra:the Kouign Amann(from the name of a delicious pastry,brimming with butter, from Brittany ,in the western part of France ,by the Atlantic , a land of lore).But the KA is a low-racer and I wanted something utterly different from my Tica.
I discovered Cruz Bike had been making a front wheel drive high racer for some years already .And Maria Parker was doing so well on the Silvio .

And I have had my Silvio for a few weeks .It took so very little time to order and get the bike .And I am thankful to the Cruz Bike team who are always ready to help and answer any question at any time .
Now I have got to get used to it but I already like it very much: its look is beautiful .
Though only 5'5 tall , I am in a perfect position on it .
The bike seems nervous , I like its stiffness as compared to my Tica ; owing to the front wheel drive it is perfectly quiet , not a noise on it . And as much as I can see it is not difficult to ride :I had until yesterday only tried it in my living-room .When I went outdoors for the first time yesterday it seemed quite easy to handle it .A few adjustments still have to be made .
I am looking forward to being able to ride it perfectly so as to compare the Silvio and the Tica's performances on the same routes.
I will let you know about my experience and I hope to read more about yours.
Anne.

WhiteSilvio

hasler.cedric wrote:
I am looking forward to being able to ride it perfectly so as to compare the Silvio and the Tica's performances on the same routes.
I will let you know about my experience and I hope to read more about yours.
Anne.
Hello Anne,
Welcome the the world of Cruzbikes. Good to have you "on board".
I think I can safely speak on behalf of many when I say that we will look forward to hearing of your exploits on your Silvio, and eagerly await any comparisons with your other recumbents. It is always interesting to compare one's own bikes with other machinery, but alas, it doesn't happen that often. I personally have only ever ridden the Silvio and have virtually no experience, of any mention, of other recumbents.

Just out of interest you might post a picture of your Tica, although I guess we can look it up on "the net". And may be a pic of your Silvio?

Well anyway welcome,
John R.