Deep Rims

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
not big enough for my wheels (I have silca 100mm)

Pretty much only Silca makes the long ones; everyone else you have to use the extensions; which works well enough once you get them installed tightly.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
15 minutes has got to be a record to get a tubeless tyre inflated.

This 23mm Schwalbe pro one tubeless looks big! Can't wait to try it tomorrow.
image.jpeg

ccf

Guru
Nope, I still like them very much. In fact when I order mine I also added a pair for my dad and he likes them as well. The only thing I may have done differently next time is maybe getting 33mm deep front and rear since I never seem to remove the disc covers from the rear. No need for a deep rim if it has covers on it all the time.

Did you every have any correspondence with them? I've sent them a message via their website plus two emails with no reply.

-Cliff

@RojoRacing, have you run tubeless on your Acebike wheels? If yes, how did it or has it worked out?

-Cliff
I run tubeless on 88mm acebike wheels they are great Rojo also runs tubeless as he helped me with a few things. I use standard Gaffa tape to seal the rim due to Rojos assistance. I was having trouble with the expensive silca tape I was trying, although that trouble may be due to a hole I later found in the sidewall of my 28mm schwalbe pro one.

It is a little different to the tubeless (read sealed) rims I was using from DT Swiss but it does the job and means I could afford to upgrade to deep CF from alloy. I can only dream of DT Swiss rims but at least I have their hubs.

ccf

Guru
I'm thinking I'd like to copy Rojo's choice of wheels since I need disc brakes for the hilly terrain and I really want to try tubeless (6 flats last week) and I may as well get aero wheels if I'm going to change them. But the DTSwiss hubs that support disc brakes are 142*12 and @Robert Holler says that the frame is designed for 130 and can stretch to 135. So how did @RojoRacing (or anyone else who has fit DTSwiss disc brake compatible hubs to the frame) get them to fit?

-Cliff

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I'm thinking I'd like to copy Rojo's choice of wheels since I need disc brakes for the hilly terrain and I really want to try tubeless (6 flats last week) and I may as well get aero wheels if I'm going to change them. But the DTSwiss hubs that support disc brakes are 142*12 and @Robert Holler says that the frame is designed for 130 and can stretch to 135. So how did @RojoRacing (or anyone else who has fit DTSwiss disc brake compatible hubs to the frame) get them to fit?

-Cliff

I suggest getting the 240s hubs vs the 350s hubs I had to choose because the 240s was out of stock. The 240s has a better non drive wheel end cap option to work on our bike which will save you like 50 grams. The drive wheel will come setup for 142/12 but can be converted to 135 with accessory end caps. Click this link and then the accessories tab to look at the options
https://www.dtswiss.com/Components/Hubs-Road/350-straightpull-db-RW

ccf

Guru
I suggest getting the 240s hubs vs the 350s hubs I had to choose because the 240s was out of stock. The 240s has a better non drive wheel end cap option to work on our bike which will save you like 50 grams. The drive wheel will come setup for 142/12 but can be converted to 135 with accessory end caps. Click this link and then the accessories tab to look at the options
https://www.dtswiss.com/Components/Hubs-Road/350-straightpull-db-RW

Thanks for the help. Which size end cap fits the Cruzbike frame best?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
For Disc Brakes on the V20/S30 you need reversed road standard so....

100mm for the back wheel
135mm for the front wheel

Fronts will all be 100mm that's pretty standard.

For the rear....

5/135 MM QR REAR
Part. No.: HWGXXX0001528S
Convert this product into 5 mm QR

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
240 hubs may come with everything you need to fit the cruzbike. The 350 hubs will come with the needed part for the drive wheel but not the non drive wheel. The part needed for the non drive wheel can be a little tricky to find but it's out there via third party.

240 hubs may come with everything you need to fit the cruzbike. The 350 hubs will come with the needed part for the drive wheel but not the non drive wheel. The part needed for the non drive wheel can be a little tricky to find but it's out there via third party.
240s do not come with either part
You need HWGXXX0002328S and HWGXXX0001528S