Diego's Cruzbike

Gromit

Guru
Interesting web site.
The web site launches loads of pop-ups windows, so turn on your pop-up blocker before visiting it. ;) :)

Gromit

Guru
John Tolhurst wrote: Wierd isn't it. So many great free blog services available, makes you wonder. BTW what is the fishtail thing?
Fishtail thing? What do you mean? :?

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Gromit wrote:
John Tolhurst wrote: Wierd isn't it. So many great free blog services available, makes you wonder. BTW what is the fishtail thing?
Fishtail thing? What do you mean? :?
Well, quoting the site:
1 - The bike is just too darn heavy. At 45 lb that is just a plain and simple heavy bike.
If you bolt 10lbs of stuff to the bike then it'll be heavier
2 - Substandard components that came with the bike that have at least been alleviated by being able to change them out.
Components are fair for price and the use
3 - Very front heavy, the back tire can and does fishtail :? sometimes when coming to a full stop. The weight on the front is further exacerbated by the next problem.
Try setting the seat back a little, with the angle to the front tire contact patch you can brake at 0.5g without the rear wheel lifting.
4 - Horrendous front wheel suspension. When you consider that the front wheel takes a l ot of the punishment and is so front heavy, you would think they could have designed it with a half way decent front shock. Take a good look at the photos on the Cruzbike website and you will see what I mean.
Dual telescopics, too heavy and too wide. The headshock solution does the indended function very well at a good price and weight.
5 - The bike still does weave some. Sure, I can keep it pretty straight but one time I took it on a bike trail at night. The headlight really shows you how much the front wheel still does weave, just see how steady you can keep that headlight going straight.
You mean, the bike is so easy to ride straight that you don't notice any side to side until you put a light on the front so you can closely monitor it

Interesting feedback I thought, if a bit skewed.